Saturday, July 11, 2015

Inspired by COLORS!

Hello friends!
Are you inspired by the colors you see? I sure am!
I recently got this new Simon Says Stamp set "One with Nature" and was so eager to ink it up. Take a look at my craft desk and you'll know what I mean.
I was inspired by the colors in the magazine, so I kind of went "crazy" ... and colored pretty much every inch of the watercolor card stock.
Live in the sunshine
First, I embossed the leaf image with Magenta Embossing Powder. I wanted to try this new powder (rather than white or black). I colored the leaf images with Spectrum Aqua. For the rest of the colorful part (mostly the top part), I applied Peerless Watercolors.  I did the silver embossing and took the inspiration from the sentiment.I added a piece of Navy Blue card stock to ground the images.  What do you think? Too colorful?

Thanks for stopping by!




17 comments:

Barb said...

This turned out so pretty, V! Love it! ♥

Michelle said...

Very pretty, Virginia! I love this stamp set, it's on my wishlist, and you are inspiring me! :-)

Niki G said...

Totally love the magenta embossed leaves and the summery color combination! So fun Virginia!

HJ said...

Such a fun card. Beautifully colorful. Never too bright.

Victoria Burgess said...

You can never have toooo much colour Virginia! Love the card especially using a different colour embossing powder for the leaves outline. Thank you for the documentation of the beautiful birds nesting in your garden.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your colorful leaves, Virginia - I'll bet that was a fun one to create!

Harriet said...

Wow, Virginia, your colors spiced up my eyes. Excellent.

conil said...

No, it's not too colorful. It's a happy, cheerful and encouraging card. The magenta embossing powder looks great as does the lovely watercoloring behind that joyous sentiment.

Leni said...

Thia card gives a happy feeling!

Michelle said...

I think this is possibly the best set Simon has yet to release. It's also my favorite. :) I have seen it used many times, but never with so much color! And now I love it even more. Your colors are gorgeous! Thank you for the inspiration!

Tenia Nelson said...

YAY for Spectrum Aquas and YAY for this card!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Awesome idea Virginia!
Love your card and thank you for the inspiration!

Carol McCready said...

Your card looks great with those bright colors.

Bellule said...

I love your card so beautiful with all this colours !

Bises.

Barb Ghig said...

You surely were inspired by color on this card, Virginia! I love how you colored the leaves and your background is amazing!

Laura B. said...

LOVE this gorgeous color!!

Taunya Butler said...

So lovely and full of rich, awesome color!!!