Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Masculine Card ....Made from Scraps!

Hello friends! Have you ever wondered what makes one a stamper? And what is the difference between card-makers and those who stamp and make cards... I sometimes wonder what to call myself. A stamper? A card-maker? I guess I am kind of both
For today's card, I think I'd like to think of myself as a card-maker. Because only a little bit of stamping was involved! Take a look and you'll know what I mean...
thanks
There is actually more about design (and less on stamping skills) in this card. I first saw the negative dies and realized that it was too wasteful to throw them away. But if you arrange them and add some finer details, these negatives are actually really neat on a card!

 Updates on the Lu Bird family...
(Stretch was fluffing its wings and preparing to take flight--should be any day now!!)

Edited: There is a SSS Flash sale going on right now.
(Just click the banners and shop)
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?B=199868&U=1083364&M=24698&urllink=
 The sale ends on July 8th, 11:59pm Eastern Time.
Good chance to get the Simon Says Stamp products that you have been eying for.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

16 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Fabulously fun card Virginia. THis kit is so much fun.

Gunilla/Nilla said...

I wish I could get my hands on that cute sailboat die. It´s so much summer to me.

Love love your card and how you´ve used the negative parts.

The pictures of the cute little birdies melts my heart!

Have a wonderful day Virginia. Big hugs for you//Gunilla

Karen D. said...

great card mf...
those babies are growing up so quickly!

Tess Hackett said...

Great idea for the patterned paper, I love the card.

Lisa said...

Cutest little scrappy card ever Virginia!!

Arlene said...

Love the card. Sometimes it just takes seeing a couple things on a desk to create a new and vibrant "something". That's creativity at its best.

Hugs, Arlene

sunshinelouisiana said...

Oh, wow, Virginia! A must CASE!
Hugs,
Sunshine

conil said...

Love the way you "upcycled" those negative diecuts...very clever and just the perfect amount of stamping, stitching and embellishing for a kind of masculine card. It looks as though your little bird family isn't going to be around much longer. Stretch looks ready to fly now. i can't tell about the others since he takes up most of the room in the nest.

Miriam Prantner said...

Perfect! Love the prints and the stitching, this is just right!

Kara Lynne said...

Those negative die cuts look fantastic with your stitching and stars! Such a great card!

Cindy C. said...

Very handsome looking card!! Wonderful usage of the negative die cuts!!

Laura Norris said...

Great use of your scraps!! I always hate to throw those type of things away too! You did wonderful to find a way to use them! I have really enjoyed your bird series - it is amazing to watch them grow so fast. Thank you for taking the time to share the pictures with the rest of us!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your card Virginia!
In my humble opinion, you are simply a marvelous PAPER ARTIST ;)
What a good looking family you have there! Everyone looks healthy!
Thank You~

Laura B. said...

Time to catch up, lol! This is brilliant! Love how you used this sailboat die so much and with the touch of stitching....so clever!! Adorable baby birds!

Carol McCready said...

Great card. I have such a hard time
with masculine cards. You just made
it look easy.

Taunya Butler said...

I LOVE the way you used scraps to make this super ultra handsome guy card!! Kudos to you!!!