Tuesday, July 21, 2015

More Random Goodness!

Happy Tuesday, friends!
After sharing yesterday's card (see here ), I got such a kick out of it that I went back to my craft room and from my craft desk....  I came up with another "pot luck" card. 
My dear blog friend Coni commented:
"So, should we call this a "pot luck" card. If so, you nailed it. Love the color and well assembled. Can't ask for better than that. Lovely cardinal photo, as well."

enjoy your special day
It all started out with stamping the "frame" in the background. It was meant for another card, but it didn't quite work out. So...I thought, now what? And then I noticed the watercolor piece (with the new TH Distress Ink!) that was left on my craft pile...and then there was that vellum Camellia flower...after that, I found the extra embossed butterfly. After assembling them, I took out my overly juicy Wink of Stella (green) to add the splatter....BAM!

This is the yummiest "Pot Luck" card that I have ever made. Have you challenged yourself lately?
This truly is a fun and inexpensive exercise!!! I highly recommend it!
Thank you, Coni, for the pot luck idea!

Lastly, there is a new class over Craftsy, if you are interested!
*Watercolor class by Deepti Malik, my CAS-ual Fridays DT mate!
*If you are really really into watercolor, this one is worth checking out.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!



15 comments:

Hussena said...

Oh Wow !! This pot luck card has turned out absolutely gorgeous !!..Love everything about it !!

Susanne Vargas said...

Oh my, what a beautiful card! Can't believe you found all the ingredients on your desk! How fun! As is the name "pot luck card"!

LauraJane:) said...

Oh yeah baby! Got to LOVE a pot-luck that doesn't go to the waistline! This one is sublime:)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Hehehe! Love the title of this type of card! I might have to borrow it hehehe! Love how beautifully this turned out too! Hugs!

conil said...

Hah! You, my dear, have started a new "Pot Luck" trend. Love that you have these disparate elements on your desk from previous projects...and that your brilliant mind can assemble them into a totally gorgeous masterpiece like this. Well done, Ms. Lu. We'll just rename you the Pot Luck Queen.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

LOVE your card! So soft and Beautiful!

Barb said...

Oh, Virginia, those colors are so soft and pretty! Gorgeous card! ♥

Miriam Prantner said...

How pretty! Loving that cluster of elements in the center, just gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Beautiful card!!

Nora N. said...

This. is. stunning!! I LOVE the colors and the center cluster. I also like how you stamped the edges with those flowers. Beautiful design!

Dawn Turley said...

superb Virginia.

Nicole Parmentier said...

Awesome!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card my Friend! That free style really suits your spirit!
Thank You

Taunya Butler said...

I am so very impressed with your greatness in card making!! This card is exquisite and so lovely - love the variance in the details you added!!

Marion said...

This is a gorgeous card Virginia!