Monday, July 6, 2015

PageMaps with Penny Black Stamps

Hello friends! Are you a fan of sketches?
I must say that doing sketches are always challenging for me since I like to do the design "my own way". But when there is a challenge, I love to get myself out of my comfort zone. 

I was honored to contribute a card along with some talented Penny Black artists to PageMaps. The above was the sketch that I was assigned to. This was my result:
HB2U (take 2)
I chose to stamp the colors and followed the sketch as much as I can. With the help of MISTI, I was able to stamp from the lightest shade to the darkest. The added ice cream cone was from Doodlebug Designs. All the products are from Penny Black (listed below).

Please check out PageMaps and get inspired!
Here is the update from The Lu Bird Family. Well the nest is getting very crowded.
 Can you tell which one is Stretch (the one with the longest neck), Middle and Snuggle (the baby)?
Thanks so much for stopping by!

11 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh How wonderful Virginia and I'm so pleasantly surprised we're in it together ;o)
(hope you got my text?)
Hugs~

Lin said...

How FUN, Virginia! I love what you did, and really enjoyed looking at all of the cards the PB girls contributed!! And can you believe how fast these little guys are growing?!!

Lisa said...

What a fun sentiment and a cute card! I can't believe how fast the baby birds are growing, my goodness!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Thanks for sharing the pagemaps - I'd never seen that one. Great job with your take on the sketch - love the colorful balloons, Virginia!!

Becca Cruger said...

This is tailored to perfection! LOVE the watercolor washes on those drifting balloons. This would definitely make anyone's birthday better. :)

Lynn said...

Look how big the babies are! So cool! Love all the pics you've been sharing.

And your card...wow! Way to rock that page map. Love Virginia!

conil said...

Wow! What a lovely birthday card...great balloons with their trailing strings. If those babies get more feathers there won't be any more room in the nest. Apparently, Stretch thinks he'll get more food it he's the tallest.

Jackie Parkins said...

Your card is beautiful and I can't believe how much the baby birds have grown already!

Kara Lynne said...

Those birds were so aptly named! You did a wonderful job creating, but still using the sketch! I love your rainbow of colors on the sentiment, and all everything that's fun happening on this card!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such an involved sketch but your take is not cluttered at all, love how you interpreted it!

Laura B. said...

Love how you used the sketch and stayed true to your style and bright color combos! Those balloon are yum! Those birds♥