Friday, July 24, 2015

Peach Pie ... and a card from SSS Aug. Card Kit

Hi friends!
Are you getting a taste of summer?
We sure are, especially when it comes to PIES. 
According to Dr. John, summer is not summer without Peach Pies...(yup, he is spoiled).
However, being a good wife and cook, I obliged!
Today's post is all about making Peach Pie.
A long time ago, I took pride in myself in being able to make a good pie. After all, I didn't grow up eating pies and I didn't taste any till I came to Canada in the mid 80s.

I decided to make a happy face on my peach pie! See that FACE!? LOL.
This was the yummy result.
If you ever want to try making a Peach Pie, this is the recipe I use (tried and tested).
 After years of practice, this is now my humble pie.
Of course, the post is not complete without sharing a summery card... 

This is a great Craftsy class to take if you are going to try pie-making.
Classic Pie Made Easy
 
 Here is the latest from Simon Says Stamp August Card Kit. How YUMMY is that pattern paper...
I stamped the hearts, sentiment and added white-embossed triangles on vellum.
friend
I think the card matches my Peach Pie!
Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Michelle said...

Yum! Your homemade peach pie looks delicious!
And that card is pretty peachy, too. :)

donna mikasa said...

Your family is SOOO lucky to have a great cook/baker like yourself! That is one gorgeous pie, and that card is so dreamy--awesome use of the patterned paper!

Niki G said...

Oh goodness! I wish my fork could dive right into the screen to have a taste! Your card is definitely sweet too! Fun design!

Dawn Turley said...

pretty card and what a yummy looking pie. Wish I could have popped over for a slice.

"glow" said...

wow virginia... i used to sell baking but i was never good at such pie crusts.. i baked bread and buns but pies? not a good looker like this one:) and i love that summer blending of a card.. gorgeous ... whatever will we do when the cold and the snow blows in...brrrr....summer always goes too fast.. wishing you a splendiferous day:) sincerely "glow"ing

LauraJane:) said...

With all the rains we had in the Mississippi Valley the Calhoun County peaches were few and far between:( They are the only peaches around here worth buying) So, no pie for us again this year. Now your crust looks divine:)
Your card looks VERY peachy! nice shades of purples and oranges together!

Cindy C. said...

:P Yummy card, yummy pie!! The happy face crust is really fun!!

Tess Hackett said...

My hubby likes peach pie too, I will have to try your recipe out.

Harriet said...

A blue ribbon peach pie if I ever saw one. Super card.

Leni said...

Yummy pie! Wish I could come by.... :). And yes, the card is so sweet, and warm and summery too!

conil said...

I'll take the pie and the card, yes please. Both are delicious looking. But no fair tempting me...ah, well guess I'll use your recipe and make my own. That way I don't have to share with anyone but my spoiled husband.

Miriam Prantner said...

That pie looks amazing! And the card is just so summery.

Shelly said...

Super YUM! :) And how BEAUTIFUL is your card?!!...LOVE.IT.
Happy Friday! :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - yummy pie, Virginia, and I love your colorful card too!

Nora N. said...

That peach pie looks so yummy!! I cannot make a pie to save my life. I make peach cobbler instead. LOVE your card. The colors are so fresh and breezy!

Marlene Bonetti said...

Your pie looks delicious and your card is so lovely! Love the soft colors. Have a nice weekend!

Taunya Butler said...

Looks absolutely delicious - the pie AND the card!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Hello my Friend!
I can smell the peaches and the dough from here (in Amsterdam)
Your pie looks spectacular and I will try it for sure. Nothing beats a great pie in my opinion, or maybe a Tarte ;)
love your card and brilliant use of the p.p here!
Thank You!!