Thursday, July 2, 2015

Simon Says Stamp July Card Kit

 Hello! It's now July and that means a new card kit is on the block...

 Along with the 5 sheets of card stock, this kit comes with Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Clear Stamp Set "Sailing, 12 Double Sided Designer Papers From Authentique's "Seaside" collection, 1 Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Wafer Thin Die "Sailboat", 2 Maya Road Anchor Shaped Paper clips, 1 yard of May Arts Twine and 7 Tim Holtz Souvenir Adornments (full package). The highlighted are my absolute favorites in this kit.

I was not sure if I could use this kit to its full potential, but I sure had a ton of fun playing with it. The pattern paper are simply awesome with the nautical theme. Here are my two cards that I came up with...

My first one is a clean and simple one. It is created entirely with the card kit.
thanks
I stamped the "waves" with 3 different inks and paper-pieced the sail boat (with the die) and clouds.

My 2nd card was created more with pattern paper.
sail away with me
I did the inlaid die cut for the sail boat. I also stamped the sentiment with MISTI. There was no guess work as the pattern paper will match with anything in this kit. I have made way more cards than I had set out to do.

Now about the bird family...It has only been a week. These photos were taken June 26 and July 2nd ( this morning). Do you see CHANGES? Wow!
 Today's photo of Mama bird and babies
BTW  Dr. John loves your feedback. Please feel free to comment :)

  I will be sharing some guest design projects with you tomorrow.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

conil said...

This really is a fab kit for nautical lovers. You are certainly getting a lot of use out of those patterned papers. Love the paper pieced sailboats and clouds. Also love your ombre waves. As for Dr. John's amazing bird pictures, he should be paid for these skills. He's really good at it. And those fledglings are growing so fast, they're going to fly away soon.

Jackie Parkins said...

Your cards are wonderful, that is a cool kit this month. Dr. John's baby bird photos are wonderful! The little babies are growing up so fast. They'll be flying away before we know it.

Cat Craig said...

Sweet cards, this is one of my favorite kits in the last year.

Deepti said...

Adorable cards! I like the flying hearts :)

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your nautical cards my Friend!!
And the birdies have changed quite a bit!
How fun!! Thanks Dear~

Kara Lynne said...

What wonderful nautical cards! I love how you used the patterned papers on those great sail boats. Those photos of the birds are amazing! Perfect action shots!

CONNIE BROOKS said...

DR. JOHN....YOU are an amazing photographer. And I love your little bird family. It's such a joy to see these birds posted each day. So thank you dear DR.

Taunya Butler said...

So, yes I am in love with this SSS kit - thanks for enabling me! You are a delight!!