Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #324


wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Going Dotty  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Furry Friends

 We are using  Newtons's Nook this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

For my project, I decided to use the paper-piecing approach.  I love the collection Tea Garden from Basic Grey. I first stamped the cute Kitty image and colored the ears and paws with copic markers. For the base, I tore up a few strips of paper to build up an interesting ground.

Wishing you a day filled with sunshine
 In order to make the design look cohesive with the white, I applied Gesso (Faber-Castell) which I don't use enough of. For the final touches, I added white Pico Embellishments and yellow Smooch for the dotted background. I had fun creating the kitty's thought/dream bubble.
 
As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!

Here is the Lu Bird Family update.
Papa bird was giving a pep talk about flying for the first time...
Any day now.

edited: I want to pass on the info about SSS Flash Sale!
(just click on the banner and shop)
<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=199868&u=1083364&m=24698&urllink=&afftrack=">Simon Says Stamp</a>
 Sales ends today at 11:59pm Eastern Time. Have fun shopping!

Thanks for stopping by! 


22 comments:

Lin said...

Absolutely adorable paper-piecing, little sis! And I've been enjoying Dr. John's robin pictures so much - aren't the babies getting cuter each day? This brings back an ancient memory of sitting on my grandma's porch watching a mother wren teach her babies to fly! One year we had a nest of robins in our tiny little courtyard, and it was so fun watching them leave the nest. I remember a VERY late bloomer who hung on forever!

Christina Hor said...

Oh Virginia! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about this card. That's pattern paper used for the ground is genius! Never thought of doing that before. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a beautiful.

Christina

CONNIE BROOKS said...

Such a cute card. I love everything about it. The torn designer paper makes me think the cat is sitting on a bedspread....dreaming about all the goodies in the thought bubble. I just love this card. Tell Dr John I love his bird family...oh how the babies grew up..seems like each day they get bigger. I'm amazed at how much feathers they have now. Ya know what? I'm going to hate to see them leave...I know they must. Sad face here!

Jingle said...

This is just adorable, Virginia! Love the use of patterned papers!

Lorraine A said...

Super cute card Virginia :-) I have this stamp set too and haven't inked it yet so will have to do that asap :-) the papers and paper piecing look fabulous! :-)

love the photo's of the bird family, they are really growing! very very cute :-)

luv
Lols x x x

conil said...

That paperpiecing really works on this card. The patterns you chose are perfect and the thought bubble is really what a cat must dream about. Looks like the bird family is healthy and ready to take off. Hopefully, not too soon. I'm going to miss their progress reports and the photos.

Kara Lynne said...

I love the paper pieced ground for your dreaming kitty! Such a happy dream too. Hopefully that cat is not dreaming of the Lu family birds!

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Virginia, a super design and I love the pretty torn papers for the cute Kittie to rest upon dreaming about goodies!!

hugs
Heather xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Virginia! Fabulous idea to create a dream bubble, it's so cute :)
hugs
Mandy xx

Ruby N said...

Adorable card, Virginia!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling kitty card, Virginia - just love her sitting on the torn papers! And my, those baby birdies are growing so fast - pretty soon they'll be gone and the Lu paparazzi will have to move on to other adventures...

Lisa said...

Now those are some happy dreams for this little kitty!! Darling card Virginia!

Gayatri said...

I Love all that paper piecing on your card, Virginia! Just gorgeous.
Hugs!
Gayatri

Jo Nevill said...

Love your card Virginia, just love his "dreams" !!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Great card and wonderful use of patterned papers Virginia!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Adorable card Virginia! Love the thought bubble! So sweet!!

Love the bird updates too!! So cute!

hugs...

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Totally gorgeous, Virginia! I love the paper piecing!!

Oh my goodness, what a fabulous shot of those birds too!! WOW! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is so lovely! I love the layers of torn paper - it creates such a fun effect! And the paper piercing is so cute! I love the pattern on the kitty! Such a fun card!
-Jen (Newton's Nook Designs)

Caryn said...

I love how fancy Newton looks in his paper pieced coat! Gorgeous card Virginiaxxx

Nora N. said...

This is adorable!! Love that you used patterned paper for the cat and the addition of the Gesso-Genius. Really fun card!!

Taunya Butler said...

Fun and super sweet card!! Love the way you used pattern papers for this exceptional card