Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #325

wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Furry Friends Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Get In Shape 
 (not square or rectangle)

 We are using Lawn Fawn this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-)

I absolutely love this small cute set from Lawn Fawn.
I did some simple stamping with the help of MISTI. I also cut up the sentiment to emphasize the sentiment...(read on and see how I got my inspiration).
I wheelie like you
I then copic-colored the wheel and added shine (Wink of Stella and Glossy Accent) to the Guinea Pig. The hexagon dies are from Lifestyle crafts. I love these shapes and have not used them much lately. I think they are perfect for this design.

Have you heard of this song " I really like you".  It is very CATCHY and it's from Canadian singer Carley Rae Jepsen (see here)?  
Well, yeah, my sentiment was inspired by her song (she even got Tom Hanks in this video!). And guess what? Start watching at 2:30...the ending is the best.
I wheelie wheelie wheelie like this card :)

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!

And in case you are wondering about the Simon Says Stamp Inks....I made a color swatch! I am in the processing of collecting more. But these are what I have right now.



Hope this helps!
Thanks for stopping by! 


23 comments:

Barb said...

Love this adorable card, V! ♥

Jingle said...

This is adorable! And it's funny...I was just thinking of making a card based on that song with this stamp set over the weekend! HA!

Becca Cruger said...

Sooo awwww-dorable! This card can't help BUT to make me think of Darnell. :) Love all the fun colors you used for your sentiment.

Lin said...

So cute Virginia! Love that his wheel is so colorful!

Harriet said...

Charming............love the sentiment.

conil said...

You really nailed this shaped card. That hamster is so adorable and the repetive "wheelie's remind me of how they never stop using their wheels. Reminds me of Darnell and her Hammie, too.

Cindy C. said...

Super cute, super fun!!!

Shelly said...

Oh, this is so cute!

Clare said...

Aw, that little hamster is TOO cute! Love that sentiment - so fun in the different colors!

Lisa said...

This is too much fun!!

Heather said...

A fabulous card Virginia, a great hexagonal shape and the cute image - I 'wheelie' love your sentiment!!

hugs
Heather xx

Miriam Prantner said...

I am ashamed to say that this stamp sits unlinked in my pile of stamps to ink up. I love this!

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Oh my gosh!! That song is going to be stuck in my head now! I like it too!! Love the bright colors you used, this is adorable :)


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Teresa Kline said...

I wheelie like this, super duper cute! hope you have a fabulous weekend!

sparkle & shine *~*

alexandra s.m. said...

What an adorable and fun card Virginia!
Thank you~

debby4000 said...

Wheelie love your card its so cute.
luv
Debby

Lorraine A said...

I wheelie like this too! haha :-) Every time I have seen this card the song pops into my head and stays there for hours!!!! :-)
love the hexagon shape and multicoloured sentiment too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Barb Ghig said...

Hexagons are such a fun shape and I love your sparkly hamster! Such a fun sentiment, too!

Gayatri said...

One word - ADORABLE! Have a great weekend, Virginia!

Nora N. said...

How adorable! I wheelie like how you colored in the wheel with the different colors. It is so FUN!! Great design!!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Super cute card Virginia!! Love the shape and sentiment!! Too sweet!

hugs...

Susie Moore said...

Oh my goodness! How cute is this. That little hamster is just adorable and I love how you framed him in the card.

Taunya Butler said...

As far as shaped cards go - This one tops the charts!! So cute and love this little Stamp set!! Fantastically done, Miss Virginia!!!