Sunday, July 26, 2015

Stamping and Pattern Paper

Hello friends!
I am popping in to share a card with a bit of stamping and a bit of pattern paper. I think this is MY kind of card-making. I like to combine the best of both worlds. This card depicts just that. 

I started out stamping with "Happy Notes". I used 5 different kinds of inks (Mint Candy, Fern and Jelly Beans from Simon Says Stamp; Delicata Gold and Soft Sand from Hero Arts) to create an interesting background.

The trick to this type of scenic background?
Just. stamp. a. lot (from the lightest to the darkest shades)
I couldn't be happier-001

I decided to stamp just one third of the birds from the stamp set. I then added the butterfly (from Florets) and flowers (Enamor).
And I couldn't be happier how this card came about...
Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

it's amazing Virginia. All the layers are incredible.

Barb said...

More gorgeous stamping, Virginia! Love the soft, pretty colors too! ♥

Hannelie said...

So beautiful

Craft-E-Place said...

Beautiful card, great technique. I love the effect you've achieved with so much stamping it really adds depth and interest.
Elaine

Maureen Morton said...

What a unique approach to this stamp set! Love the layers of color and the touch of pp. Hugs!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your soft colorful garden, Virginia! So yummy with those patterned papers!!

Carol McCready said...

Your card turned out beautifully.

Such perfect colors.

Cindy C. said...

Pretty!!! Great mixes of stamps!

conil said...

This really turned out to be a stunner. Gorgeous summery color combined with those luscious patterned papers make this perfection.

Harriet said...

This is a lovely card, Virginia, you amaze me with your varied inspirations. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa Friedrich said...

Beautiful card, and a great way to look at patterned paper!

Rubycat said...

Once again, I am humbled by your eye for design & color. You make it look effortless yet your cards are stunning. I am trying to contain my more stalker-like tendencies so I try not to slavishly copy each & every technique you demonstrate! Seriously, you rock.

Taunya Butler said...

Wow - this turned out so amazing - way to go, you paired these two things together excellently!!

Barbara said...

Lovely.

Darnell J Knauss said...

What stunning inspiration for using our pp, Virginia! I love this!! Hugs, Darnell

Nora N. said...

Sigh. I want to come over your house and stamp with you!! This is such a stunning card. I love how you used the stamps on this and the colors-so breathtaking. Fabulous design, as usual!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the layered stamping and the birds on the wire above, almost like washi!