Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Stamping a Background

Hello friends!
If you love layered stamping, here is another one to consider!
I am popping in with a card that I created with Watercolor Anemones by Wplus 9.
It looks a bit intimidating since this set has many small bits and pieces. 
I decided to just stamp the way I want and not worry about the alignment of the layered stamping. 

In the end, I decide to add a piece of vellum over my entire stamped design.
You know, illusion is a wonderful thing.
happy birthday
I love the soft and dreamy feel of this design. The problem is....how do you top it off with a sentiment that is practical and beautiful? I searched the stamp pile on my desk ( note to self: it's a good thing not to put stamp sets away). Creating amongst a mess has its benefits! 
I am so glad that I used the Circle Saying for this since I don't use this stamp set enough.
What do you think? Sometimes going with the flow is the best. And that's exactly how I made this card.
Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous. Love the way the vellum makes it look so dreamy.

Jenny Colacicco said...

Such an awesome way to use the circle stamp. Highlights the image! Love.

Linda Vich said...

A simply stunning card! Love the card and the use of vellum gives it a beautiful dreamy quality.

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Virginia!!
I love the combo + stamped flowers :)

conil said...

Wow. Terrific stamping made even better by adding the ethereal look of the vellum. Stunning card.

Harriet said...

A lovely colorful card. I like it very much. Your idea to add the vellum is excellent and one I should work on remembering.

Barb said...

Soft and dreamy, for sure! Love this gorgeous card, V! ♥

Betty Keefe said...

lovely card Virginia - i just rec'd my anemone stamps yesterday and haven't had time to play - love the vellum overlay - perfect added touch!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such pretty colors! Love the softness of the vellum, this is so pretty!

CONNIE BROOKS said...

Lovely. I too, find it hard with some of the layering stamp sets. So, I do my own thing with them as well. My projects always seem to turn out well. I say "buy 'em". And have some fun like we do.

Shelly said...

Sooo pretty!

Deepti said...

Oh my goodness this is sooooo amazing :)

LauraJane:) said...

The circle sentiment is spot-on! LOVE the sprinkle of glittered shapes in the center...Beautiful card Virginia...going with the flow suits you very well!

Taunya Butler said...

What a perfectly cool and awesome sentiment you have stamped on the vellum!! It looks so lovely against your floral stamping and just makes for an amazingly beautiful card!!! Hope you are having a happy day!!

Anita in France said...

Just beautiful, Virginia ... the vellum over those gorgeous blooms adds a lovely ethereal feel ... and the gold embossed sentiment is simply delicious! Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a stunning card, Virginia! I love the elegant feel of the vellum over your stamped pattern and the sentiment is perfect! Love your philosophy about keeping the mess on your desk :)

Team Clark said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! So inspiring!