Thursday, July 23, 2015

Stamping in/with Watercolors

Hi friends!
I have said this before and will say it again....
One of the best things about stamping is that it makes you feel like an artist!
With the right stamp and inks, I can really fool myself into thinking that I created a little piece of ART!
DSC_0014 
Other than the pattern paper (the black and white scrolls on the side), everything is hand made!
It took me a few stages to create this card. It didn't feel like a long process at all. Every time I did some coloring, I left it to dry and then I went back a few more times to add more shades of colors and layers. It is such a gratifying process! AND I am loving the bright and happy result!
a little note
About this card:
~stamp the flowers and leaves with Spectrum Aqua markers and spritzes of water
~with the help of MISTI, stamp multiple times with different colors. Leave the stamp on MISTI.
~use masking fluid (I used Elmer's Rubber Cement) to mask off the flowers, leaves and stems with a fine paint brush. Let dry
~Color the background with Distress Inks
~With the help of MISTI, stamp with VersaMark and clear emboss the image
~stamp the pattern paper with more Distress Inks
~stamp sentiment (Clearly Besotted); add sequins and twines.
 It seems complicated, but it really is not! 
I am going to use this stamp set and see if I can come up with more ways to stamp! 
Stamping is a beautiful thing.
Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful results, V! Did you get the (bumpy) texture when you clear embossed over the colored image? Just curious - looks really cool! ♥

Virginia Lu said...

Yes, Barb, the bumpy textures was from my clear-embossing! It IS kind of cool! Thanks for checking it out :)

Chark said...

beautiful! and definitely art!

Ingrid Kristina V said...

This is such a beautiful card! Love your watercolour stamping on this card! X

Taunya Butler said...

Oh my word, my goodness, golly gee whiz - THIS IS A WORK OF ART - super stunning in every way!!

Dawn Turley said...

stunning Virginia. A real piece of art.

Jacqueline said...

Especially love your use of patterned paper, Virginia, sets off the focal point beautifully!

Cindy C. said...

It's beautiful, the colours so yummy and the texture so cool!!

Shelly said...

Oooh, gorgeous!

Susanne Vargas said...

Yes, it looks like a piece of art, no wait, it IS a piece of art! The background paper works perfectly with the stamped panel!

Dotty Jo x said...

Totally gorgeous, Jo x

Harriet said...

I sure do agree, Virginia, stamping does make us think we are artists. It is so satisfying to create something colorful; and, for me, inspiration comes to me from people like you who share.

Renee said...

This is really gorgeous!!!!!! LOVE the colors against the black and white on the side!! You are DEFINITELY an artist, like it or not ;)

conil said...

Stamping IS a beautiful thing and your little masterpiece proves it. Lovely composition and color. As you said, so artistic.

Anita in France said...

Goodness, this is such a work of art, Virginia ... so beautifully done, with gorgeous results ... it's just fabulous! Anita :)

LauraJane:) said...

But you ARE an artist Virginia!! This is magical:) with all the layers of color!
Thanks for sharing the process of creating it.

Barbara said...

Just so you'll know, this is ART! Beautiful.

Lisa said...

You are an artist Virginia!! I love popping over to your blog to see your fabulous and inspiring works of art!! This is another beauty ;)

jan metcalf said...

So pretty!

Team Clark said...

This is the BEST thing I've learned all day! In high school we would set this on fire on our art desks... Boy, you have come up with a much better way to use Elmer's Rubber Cement! HA HA! I promise I don't do things like this anymore...