Saturday, July 4, 2015

Virginia's Monthly Stamp Study

Happy 4th of July, my friends in the USA!
Today happens to be the first Saturday of the month. It's time to share my blog series called "Virginia's Monthly Stamp Study".  This is when I pick a stamp set and do a few cards with the same set. I am proud to be able to continue with this series. Because you know, life gets busy sometimes. :) 
Without further ado, here is the stamp set that I chose to feature. 
Enamor (Penny Black)

If you like a good floral stamp set, this could be the one to try. I love a stamp set that has both solid and outline images. In this series, I used different mediums to stamp the designs. As you can see, each one varies so much to the next. That is a sign of how versatile this stamp set is...

Here is my first card.
thank you from the bottom of my heart
About this card:
~the flower images were colored with Spectrum color pencils. I then blended them with mineral spirit and white pencils.
~the images were cut out and popped with the pop dots
~I stamped the flowers tone on tone in the background on pattern paper
~the sentiment is from SRM Stickers
~I used Pico Embellisher to add the white dotty details

My 2nd card.
have a great day!
About this card:
~ I used MISTI to position the flower stamps
~to add the Wow factor and highlight the yellow, I added the yellow ribbons and punched out the circled stamped sentiment.
~Pico Embellisher was used to add the colorful dots in this design.
 
3rd card.
you are beautiful
About this card:
~I first created a colorful background with Alcohol Inks and Blending Solution
~the images were stamped with Cup O' Joe  (Hero Arts) 
~the sentiment was embossed in white on black card stock. I cut it out and popped it over the design.

4th card.
you mean the world to me
About this card: 
~I first embossed the flower images in white on watercolor card stock (Strathmore)
~I then added watercolors with Spectrum Aqua and water
~the sentiment was stamped in black, then clear-embossed on vellum
~the white dotted details were added with Pico Embellisher


This one was previously shared in my blog. For more details, please click here.
have a great day

 Well, I hope that you are inspired by this post as I share 5 different cards from the same stamp set.
one stamp set, 4 cards
Lastly, there is a 4th of July class sale at Craftsy( see here
--->Unwind with deep discounts on select courses and supplies during July 4th weekend!
Offer begins 7/3 at 3pm MT and ends 7/5 at 11:59pm MT.

Here is the update from the Lu Bird family.
Those baby birds are not so small any more... We expect them to leave the nest in less than a week! For now, we are still very much amused from watching them grow daily.  
 Thanks for stopping by!


20 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I always love your stamp study, Virginia! It's such fun to see all the varied ways you can use a set. Wow - love what you did with the Enamor, especially the alcohol inked one!

Lynn said...

Wow! What an amazing set of cards. Love them all Virginia!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

these are all amazing!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous designs! Love how you used the SRM Stickers too! :)

conil said...

I love this stamp set...it's currently on my shopping list. Look at the versatility you get from your different techniques. Each card is a little work of are and your coloring is amazing, no matter what you used. I'll bet the Lu bird family is a treat to behold and I'll bet the mama bird is exhausted trying to keep those hungry mouths fed.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

What an array of beauties! Swooning over your creations, Virginia! I have been enjoying those baby birds as well - great pics!

Liliuska said...

Stunning cards! They are all very beautiful, but I think I like 4th one the most.

pcm said...

you are just getting better and better. amazing!

Melissa Friedrich said...

LOVE this stamp study, beautiful cards!

sunshinelouisiana said...

All your cards are so stunning, Virginia! I love how different each one looks with the different techniques and one stamp set...you ROCK!
Happy 4th of July to you!
Hugs,
Sunshine

lostinpaper said...

All your cards are so very beautiful, I have this stamp set and it needs to see some ink so thank you for the inspiration!

Miriam Prantner said...

Fantastic set of cards! I just love this series from you!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

You have outdone yourself! They are all gorgeous. My favorite is the alcohol inked one.

Bashful said...

You really rocked this stamp set! I think I like the second one best - I just love how you layered all the flowers!

Clare said...

HOLY COW, Virginia!! Just wow! My jaw dropped! You really made this stamp set SHINE! They are all fabulous, but I LOVE how bright and bold your third card is! Just gorgeous!!

Kara Lynne said...

You are so creative, Virginia! I am in awe with these beautifully stamped cards! Thanks for sharing how one stamp set can be so versatile!

Carol McCready said...

You outdid yourself with the cards this time. They are all gorgeous.
Loving all that color.

Lovely photo.

Michellew said...

Love them all Virginia!

Laura B. said...

I was just thinking about your alcohol inking the other day and how much I missed it! So glad you used this technique on one of your cards....it's so pretty!! Really love the 4th card, too! Gorgeous watercoloring!

Taunya Butler said...

This post is abounding in gorgeousness!!! Wow, swooning and gasping in Awe and delight!!!