Friday, July 10, 2015

Watercoloring and SSS July Card Kit

Hello friends!
I know I have blogged a lot about this card kit and you are probably tired of seeing the cards by now. BUT bear with me, today's cards are all about water-coloring. After all, this card kit is all about sailing, sailboats and even the sentiment is "Sail Away with me".

I decided to add watercolors and make the kit my own.
 My first card was created with a "frame". You see, the frame is the negative die from the cut out of Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp).
thanks
With the Spectrum Aqua markers, I purposely made the frame with a blue gradient effect and the boat with yellow. You can definitely do this with any type of inks (Distress Inks, Watercolors, Gelatos...).
The splatter was created with the Hero Arts Ink Dauber (blue). I then stamped the heart and added Glossy Accent to secure the anchor and also put some extra shine.
 
For my 2nd card, I wanted to highlight the sentiment "Sail Away with Me".
sail away with me
I first embossed the sentiment in white and then I added the blue. After it is almost dried, I started to work on the outer area. It's really simple!
Now the last update about the Lu Bird family...
The final two birds (Middle and Snuggle) left the nest yesterday early morning (sniff sniff).
Dr. John was able to do their final photo shoot--paparazzi style!
Bye bye birdie!


13 comments:

Niki G said...

I'm definitely not getting tired of the your creations from the kit! I'm totally enjoying you showcasing the versatility...so fun! Sad to see the birds so grown...that was quick!

Caryn said...

I LOVE these Virginia - particularly in LOVE with the first one - swoon!

Deepti said...

Love both the creations :) the second one is my fave though :)

SonjaK said...

Beautiful cards! Love the way you've created the polaroid frame.

Carol McCready said...

Love the cards and my SSS Stamp kit.

Susanne Vargas said...

Oh no, no more bird updates! :(
Love all the different ways you found to use the kit! I am certainely not getting tired of it!

conil said...

Wonderful watercolor...what would we do without it. You've really done a number on this kit. Each card is so lovely and unique. Sorry to see the Lu birdies have flown...*heavy sigh*. But thanks for all the avian entertainment.

CONNIE BROOKS said...

Please don't ever feel we especially me would be tired of your card kit creations. I use your cards as inspiration for my kit. Tell Dr. John I'm so going to miss the Lu bird family. I'm a little sad to see them go. Well, more than a little sad!

Sue Speck said...

Your work is stellar as always, Virgina . . . and I must also congratulate Dr John for his fabulous birdie pics. I looked forward to the updates every day and was never disappointed. Thank you both so much for your photography skills and the charming commentary that went along with them. I really hope you do this every year, as I don't think that most of us have the chance for such an up-close look at one of God's truly delightful wonders!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love both cards - the watercoloring looks great, Virginia! Fab birdie photos too! Who will Dr. John photograph next??!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the watercoloring, and the splatter on that first card looks wonderful!

Leni said...

Beautiful photo's of the birds!

Taunya Butler said...

Marvelous and unbelievably awesome cards!!! Love each of them!!