Monday, July 20, 2015

Working with Random Elements

Hi friends!
I just want to share a card with random elements...
You see, I am the type of person who likes to do things spontaneously. I do plan, but I am not strictly a planner. For my cards, some of them are planned, but others? Not so much.

Today's card is an example of just that. I am keeping it real and am not purposely saying like:
"I had this vision and thought the idea would work brilliantly and THIS was my grand idea and design!".

It's more like...
 "These were lying on my craft desk and I just put them together as creatively and best as I can."
I had a long strip of white paper, so I started stamping the images with "One with Nature".
live in sunshine
  I just had fun inking up the leaf stamp with Simon Says Stamp Inks. After that, I found the vellum piece that I had previously cut out. This Flourish die from My Favorite Thing is my latest die and I thought "why not put them all together...". For the final touches, I added sequins and silver thread. Stamped the sentiment. Done.
And speaking of random, here is a photo of a cardinal that Dr. John took after the little birdies left their nest.
 Thanks so much for stopping by!




14 comments:

Barb said...

I love that you shared how this card came together, V! I do that sometimes too - just use things that are lying around on my desk. It's usually because I'm lazy though! Lol! Love how it turned out - such pretty colors! ♥

Anja said...

Great card, Virginia! I love these yummy colors!

Dawn Turley said...

gorgeous Virginia. Love your creativity.

Noreen Fontana said...

So glad you shared this. I actually have a box on my table where I collect random things. Things that I made, didn't use, but don't want to toss. When I clean up, they go in the box. Sometimes, I open the box and make cards from the box! So fun! The card is beautiful by the way!

Shelly said...

Beautiful card!
And what a great pic!

Lin said...

Leaves are one of my favorite motifs, and these colorful ones are lovely, V! The vellum flourish gives the feel of movement! Beautiful card!

Harriet said...

Lovely card.....a great inspiration to challenge us to use what we have. By the way, Cardinals are my favorite bird. Thanks Dr. John for the great photo.

conil said...

So should we call this a "pot luck" card. If so you nailed it. Love color and well assembled. Can't ask for better than that. Lovely cardinal photo, as well.

Lisa said...

Wow!! Love the movement and flow Virginia, very pretty!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the pale aqua card with the tone-on-tone sentiment! So perfect for your leafy panel, Virginia! And I'll be Dr. John was delighted to snap this vibrant cardinal - thanks for sharing!!

alexandra s.m. said...

I like to do just that as well ;)
Your card is beautiful Virginia!
Thank You~

Nora N. said...

How lovely!! I really love the colors that you used on this and that sentiment-perfection.

佳勻許 said...

好喜歡這張卡片,顏色和布局,有種讓人很舒坦、放鬆的感覺

Taunya Butler said...

Sheer loveliness and beauty grace this card!! Love how it turned out - you are so remarkable!!