Sunday, July 5, 2015

You Are a Lifesaver

Hello friends!
"You are a Life Saver" is the sentiment for my cards today.
I can't stop playing with this kit! That's what happens when the goodies are SO fun. Today's cards are both from Simon Says Stamp July Card Kit.

I stamped the lifesaver from the stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, then I colored it with copics. For the small striped banners on top, I used Stitched Rectangles and a diecut for the V shape. You should try that with your square/rectangle dies if you are not comfortable cutting a fishtail yourself (like I do here).
you are a life saver 
 To add dimension to the lifesaver, I applied Glossy Accent for the the 3-D effect and shine.
I stamped the "waves" in overlapping form with various blue inks. I also added some silver confetti to add some shine.

 My 2nd card.
life saver
 Basically I planned the design with the pattern paper that also comes with this kit. Only some simple stamping is required.

That anchor makes it easy to design. I added some splatter for the background. Those little droplets make the design more ALIVE!

Here is the latest about the Lu Bird family--
Presenting...Stretch (loves to stretch its neck and has the longest neck)
Middle (just the average of the other two)
 Snuggle (the baby who got hatched the last and is always behind in all things...).
I am thankful for many lifesavers in my life...most of all, Jesus Christ (John 3:16).
Thanks so much for stopping by!

15 comments:

conil said...

Seen this kit all over the web which makes me believe it is incredibly versatile. May have to have it. Certainly enjoyed all the wonderful cards you're making with it. And now I see you've named the chicks...I can't get over how much I love seeing their progress...or the amazing photography you and Dr. John are producing. Maybe you need to make a Nana's brag book with all the pics.

Harriet said...

Those birds, Virginia, big, and needy. Quite a treat to "see" their progress. Love your cards. Colorful and cheery.

Clare said...

Love who you used your die for the flag - really stretches the dies! And this kit looks perfect for masculine cards, which is something I struggle with. ;)
Those little birds are ADORABLE! My mom would be so jealous. ;)

CONNIE BROOKS said...

Love your two cards. The 2nd one is my favorite. Isn't God a great artist....giving you and DR. John and the rest of us because you share...your little bird family. I so enjoy them.

Lisa said...

Pretty Nautical cards, that IS a great kit!! Love the bird photos, so fun to watch them grow!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great cards! Especially loving that first one with the overlapping waves and the hanging life preserver. Your photos are fantastic, really enjoying them!

Nora N. said...

I love your overlapped waves in the different blues!! I also like the fun anchor on the second card. This looks like a wonderful kit. I wish I was not on a no buy challenge right now because this kit looks awesome!!

Bonnie said...

Both of these cards are fantastic, Virginia! Love that life saver and the way you did the waves! And the anchor and boat are so pretty on that paper! Love the splatters! Aren't those babies fun? I love when the parents are trying to teach them to eat and the babies look bigger that the mom & dad! They sure a demanding!

Carol McCready said...

Great cards. My kit was just delivered last week.
Will be pulling it out to play tomorrow.

Barb said...

The birds are getting so big! Love seeing their progress and growth - so glad you share those pics, V! And your cards using the kit are wonderful! ♥

Becca Cruger said...

I can see why you aren't able to stop playing with this kit! The way you've used the elements... you have such an ingenious mind! They are adorable! Speaking of adorable - those baby robins are soooo cute! And I giggle out loud when I read their names. haha!

Christina Hor said...

WOW! That IS an amazing kit you got there Virginia! It's incredible how you used each different elements on those cards. Love the anchor on the 2nd card.

Deepti said...

Awesome cards!

Kara Lynne said...

Amen! So grateful we have a true lifesaver! Wonderful cards! I love your designs and how you made the tails with the stitched die corner. What wonderful papers and embellishments in that kit!

Taunya Butler said...

Love these - you sure are showcasing this latest SSS kit well!!