Saturday, August 29, 2015

Another Nautical Card

Hello friends!
Can you believe that summer is almost coming to an end?
I am not going  to dwell on that, but instead, I will share the last Nautical card for this year.

This card is nearly 100% water-colored.
she stood in the storm
This is one great thing about watercoloring. It is very liberating to use watercolors, especially with creating the sea water. I started out with the darkest shades of blue and gradually built up the shades of blue. The sail boat was completely colored with Spectrum Aqua Markers.
Enjoy the rest of the summer.
Don't forget to enter and comment in my giveaway post (see top right side bar under the blog banner).
Here is a Craftsy class "Lovely Layered Cards From Top to Bottom" that you might want to check out. Thanks for stopping by!


13 comments:

Renee said...

I know, it went by way too fast as always :( But I am looking forward to the crisp cool fall weather :) Your card is gorgeous, I LOVE water coloring, and the pretty charm is so perfect for this card!!

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Virginia! I love the movement of the water and the sweet sailboat!

conil said...

Boo! Summer can't be almost over yet, can it? Never mind, your card makes it OK. All that lovely blue water and a calming sail boat.

Harriet said...

Super card, Virginia, I especially like the words.....powerful.

"glow" said...

hi there.. gr8 going on that gorgeous card... and i wish you a lovely weekend..

Judy1223 said...

Virginia, this is so pretty! I love the white sentiment against that beautiful blue water!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Virginia, love the watery backdrop for this cute sailboat, Cathy x

alexandra s.m. said...

It's beautiful Virginia!
I think you should do NAUTICAL all year round ;o)
xx

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the background!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Taunya Butler said...

Awesome card - meaningful message for all of us on this card and I ADORE that charm!! Beautifully done!!!

Nicole Parmentier said...

I love everything with boats, so please keep your cards coming, I can't get enough of them! LOVE the aqua feel on this one!!

Purvi Gadewar said...

BEAUTIFUL card...love the inky water...