Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #200


Hello, friends!
I am popping in to share card with you. Freshly Made Sketches is teaming up with CAS-ual Fridays Stamps for the challenge. This is my VERY last participation as a CAS-ual Fridays DT. I totally don't want to miss out.
My card is all about the embossing. The silver text background, the leaf/floral details and the DIY silver circle) embellishment were completely embossed.
Happy Birthday
I love the bright hot pink floral details. After embossing the dies 2-3 times, they are so glossy and bright. As for the silver "button"? It was a circle that I punched out from pattern paper. I also embossed it multiple times with silver embossing powder.
How do you do that? Dip it into the Versafine Ink pad once you finishing initial heat-embossing (like you normally do). Then repeat, repeat and repeat.
Creative Light Bulb is an older feature that I have in this blog. I would like to bring it back from time to time. Hope you like it!
Ding-----> Try to use a delicate die and emboss it multiple times ( silver, gold, ...any color of embossing powder you may have). This is the easiest way to make DIY embellishments and you really can stretch your dies!
 
I encourage you to try out this sketch if you rarely do sketch designs.
Thanks so much for stopping by!



19 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the embossed branch separating your two halves, Virginia! So cool with the silver "coin" embellishment!

Lisa said...

Lovely card Virginia. those pink branches are wonderful!!

Anita in France said...

So very pretty, Virginia ... the hot pink branches really pop against the soft grey ... love the dimension and shine! Hugs, Anita :)

Karren said...

This is an embossed beauty! The text background is so delicate and pretty and the bold pink really packs a punch. It's wonderful to have you join us as we celebrate 200 sketches.

Lynn said...

So stunning. Love the detail in the stamping and die cuts Virginia.

Kim S said...

Such a beautiful use of the sketch. Love the silver, gray and black with the pop of bright pink! Thank you for joining the celebration of our 200th at Freshly Made Sketches!

Noreen Fontana said...

Beautiful card! A technique I used to use quite often, back when I had very few dies. I had forgotten it, like so many other things! Thank you for the very lovely reminder!

Bonnie said...

I never thought of embossing diecuts! DING, DING! Love that button!

Teresa Doyle said...

This is a great idea Virginia and a beautiful card. TFS!

Linda Callahan said...

That embossing is fabulous! So rich looking! And I love the hot pink diecut! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us to celebrate 200 at Freshly Made Sketches!

conil said...

All that silver...yum. And your circle, fabulous. CASual Fridays is going to miss you so much.

alexandra s.m. said...

STUNNING card Virginia!
and I've always been a big fan of your "Creative light bulb" tips!
Many thanks~

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous!

Taunya Butler said...

Breathtakingly lovely and the silver and white with that beautiful spray of pink is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. You make such excellent creations and I LOVE the idea of the Lightbulb ideas - you share so much with us - thank you so much!!!

maria f. said...

Tota love your take on that sketch!

Miriam Prantner said...

What an elegant take on the sketch! I love the embossing!

D.Ann C said...

Love that pop of pink!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful card! I saw it over at Freshly Made Sketches - such a fun celebration going on over there - it's the first time I've joined one of their challenges. Great job with the sketch - thanks for the inspiration! I would also like to thank CAS-ual Fridays for their sponsorship at FMS! It's an awesome prize!

Shona Chambers said...

Michele will certainly miss you at CAS-ual Fridays, your cards have been amazing. And this is a brilliant one to go out on too! I hardly ever think to emboss my dies but its such a cool idea. I must try it out!! Love your hot pink with the white and the silver too, gorgeous combo.