Thursday, August 6, 2015

Kiss That Stamp!

 Hello friends!
Today's card combines a few of my favorite techniques:
stamping on pattern paper, color-layering and stamp-kissing.
This stamp set Nature of Wonder proves to be such a versatile set. 

You can watercolor it.
(click on the photo and it will take you to the post)
Live in the sunshine
 You can paper-piece it ( I used scraps).
smiles

Here's today's take:
 I started to stamp with the solid images and arranged the way that I find pleasing. In the end, I decided to tone down the colors a notch, so I stamped with white chalk ink and then stamped the text (with blue ink on them). And that is how you do the kissing.... :)
be well #1
What do you think? Have you ever tried stamp-kissing technique?
If you are intrigued about this kissing technique, I will try to make a video some time. 
DSC_0037

 Lastly, if you want to join me to wish my son David a happy birthday today, that will be awesome!
Yeah, my "little guy" is now 21! David will be working as a co-op student for Natural Resource Canada this fall. His dream internship was to work with Tesla. He was close as he got to the 2nd round of interviews! We can not be more proud of David as he matures and grows into a wonderful fine young man.
Thanks for stopping by!


21 comments:

Marysia D. said...

Lovely cards :) Happy B'day David :)

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous cards Virginia. Happy Birthday to your David. 21 is such a milestone birthday in a young man's life.

Nicole Parmentier said...

This card is awesome! I already loved the first two one but this one is my favorite. I will pin it for inspiration.
Congratulations with you son, his smile didn't change trought the years! Like that!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love all these cards! So creative!

"glow" said...

Hi there virginia.. gorgeous gr8 inspiration:) and happy birthday to your son, david 2 and i wish you so much success in all the things that you dream of... sincerely "glow"ing

Team Clark said...

Amazing color on this project! Your family... oh so sweet!

Harriet said...

Wonderful card, Virginia, wonderful son with an enormous smile!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful stamping, I'm loving all the layers of stamping in the card! And Happy Birthday to David! He'll do wherever he is, and from what I hear not working for Tesla might be a blessing in disguise.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Hi my friend! I love all the different techniques. Beautiful cards! And happy 21st birthday to David! Wishing him the best b-day ever!! :) xoxo

conil said...

NOW YOU"VE DONE IT! Made the ultimate "How-did-she-do-that" card. Since I'm too chicken to use the kiss technique, I'll live vicariously through you. This really turned out perfectly. As did that handsome bot...er, young man of yours. Happt, happy Birthday, David. Live long and prosper.

Melissa Friedrich said...

Love all these cards showing different ways to use the stamp and die set, and would LOVE to see a video! Happy birthday to your son David, proud mama!

Lisa said...

Love ALL of your cards today Virginia and the way you've shown the versatility of the images!! The happiest of birthday wishes to David and best of luck to him as he ventures to Canada!!

Taunya Butler said...

First of all Happy birthday to your son!! And second of all - thank you for reminding me of this really fun and clever technique!! You have done a really terrific job with it and these cards all have color, coolness and extreme amounts of awesomeness!!! Hugs to you - hope you are happy and well!!

jan metcalf said...

Love today's take!! Beautiful card!

mimijudy1975 said...


Happy birthday Dear David ! You will have a great career ahead pf you,I know. Your mom and dad have every reason to be proud of you. I think you are blessed to have such a caring family. now go and have lots of fun and exciting times as a young 21 year old.
Virginia, i know what a close bond David has with all of you.
Your cards are so pretty. the blue ink stands out on the tone on tone cards. Love the bright inks you used.

Brenda & Ian said...

Congrats to David AND his parents for getting him along the right road for him. My baby turned 39 this year. Be careful. Turn around too quickly and the time has galloped away.

Laura Norris said...

I love all three of your cards with this stamp set. All different, and all so fun! I always forget about the kissing technique.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to David - he is such a cutie and you have every right to be proud of his accomplishments! Way to go Mom and Dad!

~amy~ said...

Love how you featured so many different cards with the same awesome set...the kissing card is gorgeous!

Happy Belated birthday to your boy!

Carol McCready said...

Great cards!

Happy Belated Birthday to David!

佳勻許 said...

好神奇哦!看起來平凡的水晶章,經過大師的構思後,變化出多種美麗的卡片!都好喜歡

Anna Wilkie said...

What a great card your very talented!