Sunday, August 16, 2015

Let Your Dreams Set Sail

"Let Your Dreams Set Sail"...
and that is the sentiment for my card. 

I am popping in to share a card that I made a while ago. Today seems to be the perfect day to share it.
set sail
This is a simple design. With the diecut, layered stamping and paper-piecing, this was fun to create.  I also stamped the background to keep the design interesting. I love it when a design came easily.
 Creative Light Bulb is an old feature of this blog. I like to share tips/ trick in this feature.



Ding--->Have you tried tearing up the pattern paper?  I love the white edges showing through! The patterns and colors of the design paper really make this a fun design. When you do, make sure you go in one direction and decide before when you tear it up. Hope that you are inspired. 

I want to mention one more thing....
 There are FREE classed over Craftsy and do take advantage of these classes. It's a great chance to see how you like the instructions and format. I love how they filmed the classes/process flow is easy to follow. Here is one for you to try out.
FREE Mini Craftsy Class
 And if you like it, here are a few that are on sale right now.
(click on the following photo and it will take you to the classes)

 
Just in case you didn't know.... 
I am having a giveaway, please check the top right side bar or click here.
Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

SchnauzerCrafts Creations said...

Such a fun card - I love the way you combined the patterned papers and made your own background. Mixing up and combining papers has always been a challenge for me so I learn from cards like yours. Love the different layers of blues too - really keeps things interesting!

Jess said...

I love your card it is so pretty. I just got this set and have been having a creative block in using it would love to see more...

Bellule said...

Great card !!

Bises.

Stef H said...

this is fabulous! what a great use of paper!!!! i love it.

hugs :)

~amy~ said...

super fun Virginia...love the nautical theme.

conil said...

So glad you reminded me of the paper tearing technique. Always loved the look it created but with one thing and another popping up, forgot about it. Lovely on your inspirational card.

Arlene said...

Love the nautical scene. That pop of orange is perfect.

Noreen Fontana said...

I just love what you did with the tiny bit of gold on the boat! I just felt like the sun was shining! Thank you.

Lisa said...

The torn edges add great texture Virginia, this is lovely!

Christina Hor said...

What a fun card Virginia! I love the paper tearing technique. Never done on my cards but I think I'll give it a try one of these days. It definitely a GREAT technique to use on cards for kids which I'll be doing a lot now that school resuming. Thanks for the inspiration as always Virginia. Have a lovely and blessed new week.

Taunya Butler said...

Fabulous card and I love your lightbulb idea!! Tearing paper is something that I find to be fun!! And you have done such an amazing job of it for this card!! Hope you have an excellent day!!