Sunday, August 9, 2015

My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #240

Happy Sunday, friends!
It's been a while since I participate in a sketch challenge. I have been meaning to try out My Favorite Things Inspiration Challenge for a long time. 
Finally, I got the right MFT supplies and enough courage. 
Let's just say, the stars have aligned for me....
The latest sketch challenge looks like a super fun one!
Initially I had a few ideas floating in my head, but in the end, this is what I came up with the 3 items of MFT supplies that I have.
just wanted to say....
I made a Faux Shaker card with the Pur Innocence girl. I stamped, copic-colored the girl image, inserted her in between the square dies (window), acetate and pattern paper. I stamped the sentiment "love you" and added a few silver confetti in between. 
The entire design is completely flat. However, I did add a piece of craft foam to add the dimension. The biggest challenge is to stamp the tulip image and turned them into regular flowers. I did this by using the smallest solid tulip stamp and created my own flowers. I also added some white dots with Pico Embllisher and embellished the scene with vanilla flower sequins.
For more details and inspiration of this sketch challenge please see here.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

 

19 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Love your take on the sketch and how you created your flowers with just one stamp! Throwback from the HA days, huh? You are so creative, V!

Michelle said...

What a sweet card, Virginia! So pretty!

Dawn Turley said...

what a real cutie Virginia. Just so pretty.

Bonnie said...

This is so adorable, Virginia! I love how you turned this sketch into a window with that sweet little girl peeking out! Love these pastel colors!

Taunya Butler said...

Oh my goodness!!! Wow!! Love the wonderful adorableness of this card with its' window scene, sweet girl and those gorgeous blooms!! Love it and I think you are simply marvelous and incredible!! Have a lovely day and a blessed week!!

Lisa said...

This is just as sweet as can be!! Love this pretty little flowers!

conil said...

Your coloring just gets better and better. What a sweet card. So adorable and cheery.

Arlene said...

So darn cute!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa Friedrich said...

Adorable card, and I love how you used your tulip stamp to create your flowers!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cute!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Adorable and a great interpretation of the sketch

Barb Ghig said...

My goodness, you are so creative, Virginia! I love your shaker with all your fabulous stamping and coloring so much! Your flowers are so sweet and I love the soft pastel colors you chose for them, too! You did an amazing job with the sketch...Love this card to pieces!
This week's theme at Addicted to Stamps is 'Anything Goes', and your card would be perfect for our challenge...wink, wink :)

Happy Dance said...

This is just delightful, Virginia! I love this sweet, sweet card!!! Great flowers, window, and having that little miss peeking out is just too much fun. Adorable! Bev

Nora N. said...

I am loving how you interpreted this sketch!! That little PI girl peeking out and the lovely way you stamped the flowers on the outside. Fabulous, fabulous design!!

Shelly said...

Aww...super sweet!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great take on the sketch! I'm loving that little girl peeking out and those flowers!

alexandra s.m. said...

What a beautiful and adorable card Virginia!
Thank You~

Kara Lynne said...

I love how you made those flowers out of tulips! Gorgeous stamping! I love that precious little girl looking out the window too!

Veronica Z said...

Virginia, I'm thrilled you were able to play along with us this week! Your card is absolutely adorable!! Thank you for playing along with the MFT Sketch Challenge!