Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #331


wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Back to School Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Anything Goes

 We are using Hero Arts products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

For my project, I used Hero Arts Hibiscus stamp set for the layered stamping. 
so very thankful for you
I started out with stamping the sentiment first. I then stamped it again on a thin piece of paper, cut it out and used it as a mask. It was a tedious process to stamp these one layer cards...but because the colors and depth are so interesting, it is so worth the time and effort . Just make sure that no one comes and bothers you for good 20-30 minutes. 
Alone time is so important :) 

 This following card was my initial attempt for the challenge. 
I thought I would share it here, too.
Happy Day
For this card, I stamped the far left petal first and worked my way around it (with more masking). I added the gold element to the stamped hibiscus and also applied gold stencil paste for the extra interest. The sentiment was stamped in Delicata Gold.
 I love making one layers! Hope this post inspires you to try with color-layering stamps.

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 


24 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Virginia :-) Both of them are so beautiful! I am definitely going to get some of these layering stamp sets, absolutely fantastic :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Barb said...

You always choose the prettiest color combos, V! Gorgeous cards!

alexandra s.m. said...

gorgeous card my Friend!!
Thinking of you ;)

Becca Cruger said...

So artsy with the POP of different bold colors going on. Love that you didn't do the traditional shading because your cards have such a vibrancy to them now!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful cards Virginia! Love those flowers! Wonderful stamping!! :)

hugs...

Kristen said...

I love these two cards. The flowers and colors you used are beautiful!

Lynn said...

Jaw is officially dropped. These are stunning. The depth of the cards...yet they are one layer. Amazing.

sunshinelouisiana said...

Big smile came over my face when I saw these two drop-dead gorgeous cards, Virginia!!! Awesomesauce, my friend!
Hugs,
Sunshine Sharon

Harriet said...

Wonderful, colorful and I love masking.

conil said...

Hold the phone...you masked all of that. Wow! Your patience must be phenomonal. No wonder you needed alone time. Because of all that you've created so much depth to your cards. Gorgeous.

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Virginia, I just love the layering on the super set and fabulous colours!!

hugs
Heather xx

Lisa said...

Oh Virginia, these are beautiful!! I love the colors and the tropical feel they have!!

Gayatri said...

Beautiful cards, Virginia! Love the tropical feel on your card. So pretty too.
Hugs!
Gayatri

Mandy said...

Beautiful cards Virginia! They are so pretty and your stamping is just perfect
hugs
Mandy xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Virginia!

Leigh Penner said...

I saw this at SSS & had to come and tell you how much I love it! It's gorgeous!

Niki G said...

Virginia! Totally in LOVE with this card...your first attempt is pretty too, but you really took it to the next level with your finished card!! Love, love, love!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous cards, Virginia! I love the colors you chose for both and your details are just beautiful, as always!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the colors you chose for your flowers, such pretty cards!

Teresa Kline said...

so very pretty, luv these flowers....hope your weekend is grand!

sparkle & shine *~*

Carol McCready said...

Beautiful cards. I love the gold shine.

Lin said...

Such pretty cards, Virginia! So glad to see that HA is making these multi-step stamps! Love the colors you chose for them!

Ruth G said...

What lovely layered flowers! It's wonderful to get all the dimension and texture from those layers! Thanks so much for sharing!

Taunya Butler said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous cards!! SO lovely and just one layer!! Awesomely cool!!