Saturday, August 8, 2015

Stamp Your Own Design Paper

Hello friends!
Have you created your very own paper lately?
It's really easier than you think.

As an avid stamper, I love finding new ways to stamp. And stamping my own background is likely one of the most satisfying things to do. This experience frees you of any impression or expectation of what it supposed to be like...because it's YOUR stamps with your take, your design paper with your signature style.

I have been playing more with this Wplus9 stamp set and it is such a fun one. I had made a few cards with this stamp set previously (see here and here).
 Each time I use it, I find new ways of creating.
thank you so much
 I started out with the die-cutting and stamping of the flowers. But because the bright hot pink colors are so intense (from Peerless), I thought it would be fun to create a backdrop for these flowers.

I then used the smaller leaf stamps and started stamping randomly. I also added dotted details for the polished look. I must say this entire exercise was really fun.  I happened to have a creamy white rose around the house and I added it to the photo shoot for this card!
 I have a huge giveaway coming up. Please stay tuned.
Thanks for stopping by! 

14 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

Beautifully done Virginia.

Susanne Vargas said...

Looks a bit like antique wall paper! So pretty!

Tess Hackett said...

Really pretty, very soft and dainty I love that style.

Carol McCready said...

Love the way your card turned out.
The colors are gorgeous. The background
looks like wonderful vintage wallpaper to me.

Tenia Nelson said...

So so GORGEOUS!!

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE the hint of blue shadowing on the leaf clusters:))

jan metcalf said...

Lovely!

ldiggs said...

Thanks so much for sharing this lovely card! I have this stamp set and haven't used it yet, and I never would have thought of using it to create the background as well as t the focal point!😊

Pamela Haskin said...

Love how your background turned out. I especially like that this gives a way to have your embellishments coordinate perfectly with your background. Very pretty card! Thanks for sharing the details.

Lisa said...

So pretty Virginia!!

Miriam Prantner said...

How lovely! That background reminds me of vintage fabric. Love this!

Happy Dance said...

Thanks, Virginia, for the reminder that a stamped background is a freeing experience. I think I will definitely be more relaxed and give this a try again! And oh! Your card is lovely, gentle and soft. This makes my heart happy! And your creamy rose is beautiful. I've got a pink-edged pale yellow one about to go into full bloom. Roses are so special! Have a great Sunday. Bev

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous design, Virginia! Such pretty colors, and I love your water colored flowers...like high end designer papers! Love how you staged your card with the rose, too :)

Taunya Butler said...

You did an absolutely fabulous job with making background paper that is truly delightful, soft and so pretty!! A good idea and one I am going to try with some much loved stamps of mine!! I think it is so cool the way you have so much to give your fellow stampers by way of inspiration, tips and techniques!! Thanks you for always inspiring me!