Tuesday, August 25, 2015

TWO Diamond Cards!

For my official CAS-ual Fridays Farewell post, please click here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi friends!
A girl can never have too many diamonds, right?
Well, I have not one, but TWO diamond cards created with The Ton Stamps today.
https://thetonstampsblog.wordpress.com/
Whether you a fan of alcohol inks, this post will make you want to reach out to these vibrant inks and create!

For my first card, I purposely used vellum to cover some of the diamonds that I created and only let one diamond be the focal point. The sentiment is perfect for this design, don't you think?
let your inner light shine
As for the diamonds, I created a few "diamonds" with Alcohol Inks, Blending Solution on glossy paper. Then I stamped and cut them out. The gold shine that you see are from Delicata Gold ink.  As for the glitter and shine? They are Martha Stewart's glitter and Glossy Accent! And that's it! 
2015-07-12 001
What can I say, my diamonds are mighty gorgeous and very very inexpensive!!

My 2nd card is similar, but I created the frame with gold embossing powder.
may you sparkle
I kept the color scheme simple and feminine. The layering is the key in this design.
Bits and pieces do go a long way.
#1 
For more details about the cards, please visit The Ton Stamps.
Thanks so much for stopping by!




9 comments:

Dotty Jo x said...

Stunning cards, Virginia! All that glitter and sparkle - makes a girl's head fairly swim with pleasure! Jo x

"glow" said...

gorgeous diamond cards... love that soft pink card... with the heart in the center... u layer awsome:)

conil said...

Saw your post at the Ton...was amazed at how fabulous these "gems" are. They just jump off the screen at you. Love the way you used vellum for both cards. Gorgeousness.

Becca Cruger said...

Oh-so-elegant and Fancy with a capital F! I really like how the glitter and glossy accents looks together - I'm going to have to give that a try.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards!! :)

Nora N. said...

WOW!! I really love how you created the look on those "gems." Such a fun technique. Really great cards!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful cards! I love the sparkle and shine on your gems and how you used the frame on the second card.

Anita in France said...

Wow, you sure let your inner light shine with these gorgeous cards, Virginia ... the shimmer and glimmer on those 'gems' is stunning! Anita :)

Cris G said...

Really beautiful cards, Virginia. Your second card is super WOW!