Monday, August 17, 2015

Use Transparency with Your Design

Hello friends!
Have you ever tried using transparency as part of your card design? You must have used transparency in shaker cards. However, did you try using it in the card front?

Here is my card as an example.
I started out with creating my own watercolor paper with Peerless. Once it's dry, I embossed the butterflies in gold and cut them out. It seems tedious, but it is worth the effort.
045
For this card, I really like the airiness and light that the transparency give. The butterflies look like they are just resting on the edge of a page...

For the card stock, you  simple trim a portion of the white card stock off and added the transparency and then assembled the card back. I used Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue for this purpose. You can add Washi tape (inside the card) to keep it secured and also gives it a more polished look.
You can definitely buy transparency or simply use the backing of any transparency that comes with stamp sets. Hope this inspires you to try using transparency.
Thanks for stopping by!


25 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

fabulous Virginia. Love the way the butterflies seem to be floating.

Ksenija Rizova said...

Beautiful, Virginia! For me it is always important how the card looks inside. I never use Copics on a one-layered card. The same in case of transparent sheets, it's a technical problem how to make it nice inside

Teresa Doyle said...

I love your card Virginia. Its very pretty and Yes, I have used transparency on cards in various ways. I like the unique look you get when using it. There are so many ways to use it.

Nicole Parmentier said...

I just made a card using transparancy, it was my first one and I loved it. Your card is awesome! I love the airiness, the coloring of the butterflies and how you added the sequins as a perfect final touch!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Beautiful

Betty Keefe said...

beautiful Virginia - did this a long time ago and quite forgotten about it - thanks for the reminder and the inspiration!

Tess Hackett said...

Beautiful cards, the design and colors are lovely.

Carol McCready said...

Love the transparency look. Those butterflies
are gorgeous.

Piali Biswas said...

Beautiful card!! Love the use of transparency!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is gorgeous and I so need to remember to bust out my transparencies!

Megan said...

So pretty. I really like the good embossing on the soft watercolor.

Annette Allen said...

beautiful... love all those butterflies..

conil said...

Wow, this is lovely and elegant. The transparency certainly adds and ethereal quality to the card. Gotta put this on my todo list.

craftytreen said...

I love it. it really is so airy and pretty. thanks for sharing

Shelly said...

This is gorgeous!! Love it!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a great design element. I really love the colors of the butterflies too!

Yvette said...

Very elegant!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful technique, Virginia! It's so perfect with those gorgeous watercolor butterflies!

alexandra s.m. said...

So beautiful Virginia! and I love the movement too ;)
Have fun my Friend!
THinking of you~

Lisa said...

Love this look Virginia, beautiful card!!

D.Ann C said...

Neat idea! Those colors are terrific with that fab pop of orange!!

Nora N. said...

Thank you for reminding me of this technique!! I used to do this back in the day but have forgotten about it after all these years!! I love the soft watercolor of your butterflies with the lovely gold embossing. Stunning design!!

"glow" said...

dear virginia... what a gorgeos awesome technique card... i am enthused and i see many of your friends are too. we need you so keep them rolling but not so fast that you start rolling yourself..

Shona Chambers said...

So clever and love the idea of having the butterflies overlapping the acetate. Looks amazing!!

Taunya Butler said...

THIS IS SO LOVELY and beautiful - love the idea of using the transparency!! Adds such a touch of glam and class to this card - it has gorgeous images in amazing colors and the sentiment is so good!! What a wonderful, beautiful card!!