Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A Floral Card VIDEO-from Start to Finish

Hello friends!
I guess I was on a kick with making videos lately...because I've got another one for you!
Every time I post a video, I want to go hide in a hole...I hope it gets better with time.
Sometimes I don't know how my You Tube video ideas came about, but when I am feeling super inspired, I love to share through videos!
2015-09-24 001

I always tell my kids that "Practice Makes Perfect". So here I am-do things that I preach.
One funny thing I can share with you is that I experienced food poisoning during the taping of this video--no kidding! If you find my voice is not as enthusiastic and a little weak, you know why! I didn't know what was happening at the time when I made this video...I was feeling really tired and nauseous in between each take!! Thankfully, I recovered the next day.

Because I get a little nervous every time I post a video, I change the setting to public view about 3-4 hours before the post goes live. So if you are my You Tube subscribers, you get the preview!

Well, here is my labor of love!


This card gave me the idea of doing a video.
thanks a bunch

The is the card I made in the video.
just for you
I would appreciate that you give a thumbs-up if you find the video helpful in some ways.
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D333633%26c%3D1425

By the way, did you see this new Layered Flowers STAMPtember release by Altenew and Simon Says Stamp? Quantities are limited, when they are gone, they are gone...so they say.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

14 comments:

Suchi said...

Oh Wow! These are adorable cards Virginia...Love those pretty flowers stamped in the background ! I hope you are feeling better now.. :)
Suchi xx

CONNIE BROOKS said...

So very pretty. I loved your video. It helped me to see your coloring process. I'm going to give this a go.

Dawn Turley said...

Beautifully done Virginia. I love you cards and you did an awesome job on the video. That set is really pretty too.

HJ said...

Great video, Virginia. The cards are beautiful. Thanks for the video tips on your coloring technique.

Harriet said...

Thank you for your video, Virginia, the cards are wonderful. You really, really make me think Misti is necessary.

conil said...

Both these cards turned out beautifully and that was a great video. Think perhaps your son is a bit impatient because I don't consider 8 minutes to long when I'm learning something. Which I have and did again from all your videos. Love the way you use your MISTI like an extra pair of hands. You're bout with food-poisoning didn't seem to rear it's ugly head during the filming, not that I noticed, anyway.

Anita in France said...

Hope you're feelig tip-top now, Virginia! Lovely cards ... so much to admire and learn about (including the MISTI!), thank you! Anita :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful! This is at the top of my Altenew wish list! So sorry about the food poisoning, yuck!

Nora N. said...

What beautiful cards you created Virginia!! I am sorry about your food poisoning. That stinks!! I just ordered these and am excitedly awaiting this stamp set!!

Teresa Doyle said...

Your cards are beautiful Virginia. I don't know why you are nervous, I think your videos are great. I don't only subscribe to your You Tube channel, I often pin your lovely cards. Thanks so much for sharing them. I hope you are feeling better soon. Food poisoning is NEVER good!

Lisa said...

You did a wonderful job Virginia and the cards are just beautiful!! So sorry you had food poisoning, that's no fun.

Deepti said...

Beautiful cards and awesome video :) I think you are wonderful in making your videos!! I enjoyed it thoroughly

"glow" said...

virginia dear... wat an absolutely cool technique. you gave me so much inspiration but both are stunning flowers:)!!!!thanks for all the sharing u do on your blog.. i "liked" your video.. i think its safe to know i like as many videos.. is just one more vote to help advertise your awesome techs and tutorials... spread the word everybody... dont forget to thumb up:) 3 cheers for virginia for doing videos:)

Karen D. said...

I think you a great job with your video showing us how you create.
Thanks for the inspiration mf.
hugs,
K