Friday, September 11, 2015

Flowers and Frame

 Hello friends! I am sharing my project over The Ton Stamps today!
It's my last guest design post over there.
When you create a design, what goes through your mind?
Flower and Frames are not the kind of objects that will come to your mind, right?
I was on Pinterest looking for something, but the photo of a frame and flowers totally intrigued me! 

I took out two sets Vintage Frame and Mini Wild Florals  from The Ton Stamps and started playing. This is my result.
happy birthday
I stamped the frame first and then created a mask. With that already in place, I started stamping the mini wild flowers from the larger images to the smaller ones. As long as I kept it almost symmetrical, I think it will look fine!
In the end, I embossed the frame image in silver on vellum. The sentiment was stamped in Versafine and then clear-embossed.  I then cut it out (with a backing of white card stock) and added foam tape. For the embellishments I tied two silver bows and 3 sequins and that's it.
I hope that you find this post easy on your eyes :)

I have TWO extra projects over The Ton Stamp, please head over here and check it out.
Here is a sneak peek
If you are interested in taking online paper crafting classes,
Craftsy has a few classes that are worth checking out (see here)
I love the following classes:
Lovely Layered Cards (Shari Carroll)
Pattern Paper Play (Paige Evans)
Cards with Dimensions (Danielle Flanders)
Vibrant Stamping (Laura Bassen)

If you want  try something new and get out of your comfort zone, try something different, these are fun and inspiring.

I have a guest blogger tomorrow. Please be sure to check it out :)
Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Splendid colours!! The embossed frame so charming!!!

Susanne Vargas said...

Wow! Those flowers are stamped perfectly - not too symmetrical but not too chaotic! And the embossed frame is perfect! Fantastic card!

Deepti said...

Oh my this is so pretty! I love the beautiful stamped BG and that silver frame :)

Becca Cruger said...

The way you made that frame is so cool! Tucking that into my brain for future usage. :)

Gloria Lee said...

The silver frame and flowers are so beautiful!!!

conil said...

Love this card and those tags were wonderful. Can't wait to get my sets.

Harriet said...

A lovely card, Virginia, I especially like the silver frame.

"glow" said...

wow virginia.. i absolutely love love this card.. gr8 artistic work:) ... thanks so much for sharing...

Taunya Butler said...

That thread behind your gorgeous silver frame is such a beautiful touch along with the sequins - The flowers are gorgeous and this card just amazes me and is a feast for my eyes!!! Hugs to you and wishing you a super wonderful weekend!!

Lisa said...

This is lovely, the silver frame is wonderful!!

vinita jain said...

Love this beautiful silver frame and those blooms are so pretty!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so pretty! Gorgeous stamping and i love the embossed frame!

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Beautiful card!! I loved that silver frame ..Hugs Archana