Monday, September 14, 2015

Flowers, Flowers...Everywhere!

If you are interested in my Monthly Stamp Studies, please click here 
(Altnew Layer Lilies is the featured stamp set)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Hello friends!
Before the Fall season is in full swing, I thought it would be fun to see some more garden scene and share a flower card! We are taking a virtual garden tour...
 As you may know, I was in London in mid August for a few days before my family embarked the cruise to Norway. While in London, I ventured a few times to Regent's Park. It is only 10 minute walk from my hotel! This is definitely the highlight of staying close to this beautiful park while in London.
Here are the descriptions of this park from this article.  
"The Regent’s Park began as a huge residential property speculation in the early years of the 19th century. It has since become a key part of London’s most essential feature: its network of parks, which today makes it one of Europe’s greenest capitals."

"Conceived by John Nash for his patron, the Prince Regent, the Regent’s Park is a defining piece of picturesque city planning.

"It was intended to give London the impetus to leap across the Marylebone Road and expand towards its northern suburbs."
"The park was to be edged by a series of grand, stucco-faced terraces that gave individual houses the aspect of a palace."
 "Nash designed a number of the terraces himself, deploying giant classical orders, pediments and rooftop sculpture."
"London Zoo occupies the northern edge of the park. And in recent years the park has become home to the annual Frieze art fair, with its sequence of architect-designed tents."
Regent's Park truly is an oasis in the busy city of London.
 My son David's in the center of this photo.
Aren't the garden photos amazing? I would LOVE to take a daily stroll in Regent's Park!
Regent's Park areas are considered to be the "gentrified neighbors to Bohemian Camden Town". 
However, the nearby luxurious villas and Tarrance are outrageously expensive!
So I will have to re-visit these photos often and be content.

The highlight of that very day (Aug. 21), I also got to meet  two Londoners Sandie M. from London Days and Mayuri from Candles in the Garden.
 That late morning, Sandie and my family took a walk in the Regent's Park together. We had fun even though it was a rather hot day. Sandie was sweet and easy to talk to. Later in the afternoon, Mayuri and my family took a taxi to Selfridges and did some window-shopping. We pretty much talked non-stop about our obsessions with stamping/blogging/card-making. FUN times!

 After my trip, I made this flower-inspired card. The stamps are from The Ton Stamp's new release
called Large Peony 3.
It is a very large flower stamp. You basically can add all kinds of colors to the details without any difficulties. For my flower, I used my new Zig pens. The colors turned out to be much richer and vibrant than I had expected. For the final touches, I applied Perfect Pearl right after I colored the petals. The peony, leaves and stems were stamped, embossed and colored on watercolor paper (Strathmore).
congratulations
 To keep the balance, I used a subtle pattern paper for the background. I also added a DIY gold-embossed paper, a small stripey paper and Pico Embellisher (yellow) for interests.
I truly hope that you enjoy this English Garden-inspired post.
Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Harriet said...

Beautiful card, beautiful garden. Oh, Virginia, thank you for posting your remarkable photos. Such eye candy. I, too, would love to stroll through that garden. I think your card and your garden photos are perfect partners.

LauraJane:) said...

Oh how LOVELY to stroll through such manicured gardens! AND to meet up with even lovelier fellow crafters!
GORGEOUS Water-coloered LG peony:)

Taunya Butler said...

Thanks for taking us along for your stroll and YEAH for you getting to meet 2 crafty/bloggy friends!! So cool!! As for your card - ABSOLUTELY STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS!!! Full of luscious, beautiful color and has such a pretty boldness about it!!! Loved seeing this post so full of incredible blooms!!!

Cindy C. said...

Oh I did enjoy this English Garden inspired post, thanks for sharing Virginia! The card is beautiful!! Love all the shimmers!

Lisa said...

The gardens are beautiful! I see a lot of card inspiration in there. How fun that you got a chance to visit with fellow card making bloggers! And what a pretty card, love the big bloom!

Susanne Vargas said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful garden pictures! So fun that you got to meet two blogging friends in one day! The card you made is gorgeous! Love the watercoloring!

vinita jain said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful garden pics! Love this watercoloring in a big bloom, so gorgeous!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous photos Virginia!
and I love your card!!
Thank you for sharing these with us

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous Virginia. Loved seeing your photos of the park. We visited there many years ago and loved the fact it's right in the city.

frommycraftroom said...

Thanks for sharing your pics. Simply gorgeous.

Susi Kelly said...

What beautiful pictures from what looks like a fabulous trip - and made all the better when spent with family, and getting to meet blogging/cardmaking friends! TFS
Your Rose card is appropriate after seeing that gorgeous garden!

Shelly said...

WOW! Looks like an amazing park! Love all the photos...thanks for sharing! And of course, your card is gorgeous!!

Tess Hackett said...

Beautiful

Miriam Prantner said...

What a beautiful park, and I just adore that gorgeous bloom on your card!

conil said...

Your photos are so inspiring, lovely and make me want to get on a plane and go to Regents Park, pitch a tent and live there. Lucky you to meet with Sandie and Mayuri (one of my fave artists), isn't she beautiful. Then you top it off with this incredibly stunning card. Be still my heart.

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous flowers, friends, family, and card! What a lovely post!

Laura Bassen said...

Wowowow...such gorgeous photos of the park! So fun that you got to see Mayuri & Sandie!!! Your large peony is stunning with the gold accents!!!