Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Life is Beautiful!

Hello friends!
When you see outline stamps, it doesn't mean that you always have to color them.
I challenge myself to use the paper from Simon Says Stamp September Card Kit with the bird stamp (from Wplus9).  Instead of coloring the bird, I wanted to "integrate" the bird with the pattern paper.

So, the first thing I did was...I white-embossed the bird. I applied the stencil with Gesso (all from the September kit). I then added the stamped sentiment on pattern paper. Adding the Gold Stickles was quite fun!
life is beautiful

Here is the close-up.
DSC_0019
Do you wonder how I "colored" the bird? I actually applied distress inks (Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Fire Brick).

How do you color an embossed (or stamped) image with Distress Inks?
Ding--->
1. Stamp the image (in this case, the birdie) on a piece of copy paper
2. poke a small hole or make an incision of the image
3. cut out the bird image carefully and save the negative part (with the bird image cut out completely)
4. use the negative as your STENCIL/COVER. Apply small amount of Distress Ink with the ink applicator to the bird, one color/shade at a time

 Hope you find this post helpful and that it inspires you.
Thank you also, for checking out my video yesterday!
I am sure that I will create more videos as soon as I have something good to share...:)


15 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Another gorgeous card from you! So beautiful! Love that little piece of doily in the corner! Thanks for sharing some tips!

Jasleen said...

Beautiful card. And thanks for sharing this amazing tip. :)

conil said...

This truly is an amazing card. That bird looks so natural on this patterned paper...inlaid almost. Awesome.

LauraJane:) said...

Your collage elements in the corner are always a treasure to look through!

Miriam Prantner said...

Flawlessly integrated with the patterned paper!

Nora N. said...

This is adorable!! I LOVE how you stamped this on patterned paper and your fun way of coloring it. Really pretty card!!

Harriet said...

Beautiful card, Virginia, I am partial to birds. Lovely.

Happy Dance said...

I love how you think out of the box. I know I'm not the only one who is continually inspired by your cards. This one is chock a block full of inspiration! It's just fantastic, Virginia. Thanks for making me think. Bev

Lisa said...

Oh, this is just dreamy Virginia! I love the snippet of the paper doily you added to the corner!

Deepti said...

You work beauties in whatever you touch :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oh I love how you did the bird! Can't wait to try this out!

"glow" said...

THANks virginia... i love that lovely cards u made today.. .and that fabulous bird one .... o u woowed me today:) take care and enjoy the moments in a fast flown day.

sandie said...

such a gorgeous card Virginia, love the use of the DSP x

Anja said...

Love your card, Virginia! Great idea to stamp this bird on patterned paper and thanks for the tip how to color it!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely stunning, Virginia! I love the bird and how you placed everything on this card...so pretty!
Thanks so much for your tip :)