Monday, September 7, 2015

More Snowflake Inspiration

Hello friends!
 First, I am sharing a funny photo of ME and my pet cat Alexia! As you know, Norway is full of fjords and....trolls! We had a few sightings of trolls during our visit. They seem creepy and ugly, but as I saw them more and more, I find them kind of cute and endearing...
As you can tell, I was having fun "hanging out" with the trolls. I am s-l-o-w-l-y compiling our travel photos.  Do you know we took nearly 3000 photos combined?
If you are interested in seeing them, do let me know, so I would feel motivated to post them :)
On to the cards today....I am popping in to share more snowflake creations . If you miss seeing my two previous cards, just click here.
 This Nadine snowflake die is one of the new release from Simon Says Stamp.
I wanted to explore the idea of using transparency with the snowflake die.
snowflake 1
 These two cards are pretty much self-explanatory. All the details are in the layering.
I love how transparency adds that extra shine and lightness to the design. I chose pattern paper to make this super easy to do.

And my 2nd card has inlaid diecut (the bottom layer).
 snowflake 2 
 I added an extra snowflake vellum to the snowflake and built a small nest of circle with silver thread and a blue enamel dot.

One more reminder...
Craftsy is having an online card classes on sale (today is the last day)!
These two classes are 50% off!
Stamping and Beyond (Nicohole Maguirk)
Card-making Essentials (Kimberly McGray)

You can find out all about it here
Lovely Layered Cards (Shari Carroll)
Pattern Paper Play (Paige Evans)
Cards with Dimensions (Danielle Flanders)
Vibrant Stamping (Laura Bassen)

If you want  try something new and get out of your comfort zone, try something different, these are fun and inspiring.
Thanks for stopping by!


20 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

We, kiddos and I, love seeing your travel photos!

conil said...

I think the trolls are a hoot. Especially with Alexa sitting on their feet and you hanging off their nose. Very funny. Can't wait to see the other photos. (Maybe not all 3000, though.) That transparency behing you first card adds a fascinating dimension to that snowflake. You can even see the reflection of it in the picture. Both cards showcase that die beautifully.

alexandra s.m. said...

That picture of you made me smile big time Virginia!
Your snowflake cards are so beautiful!
I really want that die now ;)
xx

Dotty Jo x said...

Great cards and I love the pics! Jo x

Nora N. said...

What fun photos Virginia!! I love those trolls!! Your cards are so pretty too. I like the simplicity and the way you used the vellum/transparency to make the snowflakes so "light" looking. Beautiful designs!

Barb Ghig said...

Thanks so much for sharing these great photos with us, Virginia! I would LOVE to see more, but I can't imagine having to sift through 3,000 of them...yikes! So fun to see Alexia again, too :)

Two really gorgeous cards! I love how you always find several ways to play with one die or stamp, and that each of your ideas are so creative! After seeing what you've done here, this snowflake is going right onto my wishlist! Thanks so much for your inspiration!

Becca Cruger said...

That troll picture is soooo cute! 3000 photos?!? Whew! Must have been a great trip! And your snowflake cards are perfectly lovely'

Alanna said...

Beautiful cards. You've showcased the snowflake dies perfectly.

Miriam Prantner said...

More great snowflake cards! I love these!

Lisa said...

Fun photos of the trolls!! Terrific cards today too!

Dawn Turley said...

what awesome photos of you and the trolls. Great cards too!

Susi Kelly said...

Wonderful photos of what looks like a fabulous vacation! Would love to see more pics as the DH and I are contemplating our next vacation destination and Norway looks A-MAZING! P.S. I am loving your cards with that terrific new SSS snowflake die!

Teresa Doyle said...

Virginia, these are great cards.

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful snow flake cards!! And yes would love to see your vacation photos!

Anette H said...

Yes pictures, please! :o)

Taunya Butler said...

EXQUISITE cards - beautiful details and awesome colors!!! Loved seeing you and the trolls - made me SMILE, thank you for that and for being so amazing!!!

Parker said...

I, for one, am an 'armchair' traveller and wo9uld be interested in seeing more about your trip.

Loly Borda-Towery said...

I love seeing your fotos Virginia! And I'd love to see the new ones! TFS and BTW lovely cards!

Christine Kosmak said...

Your photos gave me a giggle, and yes these trolls are cute! Love your snowflake cards and now that die has nosedived onto my 'never ever gonna end' wish list'!! lol!! Love seeing pics!

Laurie D said...

Hi Virginia,
I'd like to feature your beautiful first card in this post in my upcoming Trend Watch on snowflakes for Paper Crafter's Library. Let us know if this is an issue by contacting us at customerservice@papercrafterslibrary.com
Thanks! Laurie Davenport, Trend Reporter