Sunday, September 27, 2015

NEW Penny Black Dies!

Hello, I know it's WAY too early to post anything Christmas...
Close-up-001

but the new Penny Black dies are just so beautiful, I couldn't bear not sharing it.
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D333146 
In case you are compiling a Santa's List, this is the one!

DSC_0074

About this card:
~card stock: I created a gold-tinted paper by spraying Shimmer mist to the card stock
~wreath: I made two die cut (one from the DCWV foil paper, one from my gold-misted paper)
~bow: I made die cut from heavy card stock. I then sponged and colored it with Distress Inks (Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon and Fire Brick Red) 
~sentiment: with the help of MISTI, I stamped the exact same colors of the bow. I also stamped Gold Brilliance over the colored sentiment.
~embellishments: gold confetti were added to the wreath

What do you think? I know the price of the dies is a bit steep, but if you really like the look and enjoy diecutting, it's worth getting the dies! I had to use the new B plates for this purpose. My 6-year old Cuttlebug CAN still manage to make this cut although I would love to have a new die cut machine! 

Yes, Virginia...tell that to Santa!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

15 comments:

Anja said...

Wow thats so beautiful. The Wreath looks amazing :)
Anja

sandie said...

Stunning card Virginia. I have this stamp and love it x

Patty Albertson said...

Such a pretty card Virginia! I love it!

Anni said...

Wow, this is simple but so amazing! Love the gold sequins and the gold ink spray!
Wunderschön wie immer! Du bist so talentiert!
Liebe Grüße
Anni

Susanne Vargas said...

This is absolutely gorgeous with all the shimmer and the black and white DP! Love it!
Einen schönen Sonntag wünscht dir und deiner Familie,
Susanne

Nora N. said...

Oh Virginia!! This is perfection!! I LOVE all the gold shimmer on this!!!

Harriet said...

Your card is extraordinary, love the die, the price not so much.

conil said...

Love these new intricate dies, too. They make an amazing looking card, thanks to you.

Lisa said...

Oh, I like your gold wreath! This is lovely!

Bonnie said...

A wreath fit for a king! Beautiful!

Marlena M. said...

Absolutely gorgeous Virginia!

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia those dies are just fabulous and I love the gold wreath with the bright coloured bow!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love that wreath and the gold shimmer is gorgeous!

Nichola said...

Very pretty!

Laura Bassen said...

I'm in love with this card, that scrumptious golden wreath and your beautifully inked up bow....love!!