Sunday, September 20, 2015

Simon Says Stamp October Card Kit


My October Card Kit arrived EARLY. So I had been having so much fun playing with this kit. 
What can I say, this kit is full of EYE CANDY!
I am only talking about one of the many items that came in this kit --it's the "hello"die. I finally realize how much I LOVE word dies...I simply get very excited when I get a word die!

What's so great about word dies (in case you are wondering)?
~word dies are not something you can easily hand cut
~you can always vary the colors to dress up your designs easily
~you can also change or add  the textures to word dies
~you can alter/select the word to suit your needs. For example: I got a word die "Praying for you", I can choose to use "for you" and use it on a tag or a gift card...etc.

My example today shows you how one little word die that could...
hello
I decided to "spice things up" by adding two tones of colors and inking the bottom with Fossilized Amber and then stamped it lightly with the small gold ink pad " Brilliance" (also included in this kit). All you need is a piece of paper to do the masking. The idea and technique are simple, but the look is effective and definitely interesting.
...and this is the only the beginning. I have made SO many cards with this awesome kit.
I must say it's my absolute favorite kit this year! 
Thanks for stopping by!
Edited: I have a VIDEO with a Word Die tomorrow....hope you check it out!

15 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your colorful hellos, Virginia! You're so right - word dies are great and well worth the investment (referring to your other post).

~amy~ said...

Love your colorful hello card!

cm said...

Such a happy card, Virginia! I agree: word dies are 'must haves'! As for your previous post: I'm very much a fan of dies, as my fussy cutting is dreadfully. You have, however, reminded me to pay close attention to the price of adding them to a stamp set. Wheels are in gear and I'll be making my next purchases a little more 'thoughtfully'! You're such a sweetheart for keeping an eye out for where/how we make our crafty investments! Guidance is always great!
Hugs~c

Susanne Vargas said...

Oh wow! I absolutely LOVE how you colored the word dies! Looks fantastic with the gold accents!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Such a cool idea! I love the colorful hellos. TFS

Parker said...

Wow! 50 Cards from this kit... show us..... show us. :-) You have such great creativity and talent. I LOVE seeing what comes through as inspiration.

Virginia Lu said...

Thanks everyone!!
Parker: please note that I made "so" many, not "50" cards from this kit..... LOL

Michelle said...

LOVE how you've used this die! It's so fresh and fun!

conil said...

Ooooh, I love what you did with this die. Brilliant of you to make the same color on the bottom of the word. Such a fun and happy card.

Annette Allen said...

love how you added the color to the sentiments.. pretty card

Nora N. said...

This is so pretty. The color of the sentiments over that soft vellum looks so pretty!

Taunya Butler said...

Super fun and pretty card - love the way you used that Hello die!! So clever and cute!!! You are awesome!!! I am such a HUGE fan of yours but I really need to let you know that I won't be around in the bloggy world for the next 10 days - I am taking a much needed break - so except for already written and scheduled Design Team posts I will not be around and that includes commenting!! Please know that it is nothing personal!! But I am excited because when I come back I will be celebrating my 4 year Blogaversary with lots of giveaways all during October!! I did leave some details about that on my blog!! Hope the rest of your September is beautiful and that you keep happy!!! Hugs!!!

Lisa said...

Very pretty Virginia!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love those two toned sentiment die cuts! Great card!

Shona Chambers said...

Love those colours and the two toned die-cuts are a brilliant idea!!