Saturday, September 5, 2015

Simon Says Stamp September Card Kit

Hi there! If you are stopping by for The Ton Blog hop, click here .
Please enter the comment before September 6, @11:59pm , Eastern Time (hurry!!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's that time of the month already....Simon Says Stamp Monthly Card Kit is here!
Boy, was I happy to see the kit waiting for me after my trip to Europe!?
On a side note...my monthly stamp study is on hold right now. I will continue to share a stamp study-like theme every month. I decided not to have a set date. This way, it will allow me to take more time and do a better job with the stamps. Today's post is pretty much like a Stamp study in itself. Because I am sharing 3 cards with one kit! Sounds good? Onto the kit....

The first card was made easy because of the pretty elements that comes with this kit.
just be you 
 First I used the small stencil (part of the kit) to add some interest for the background.
This card has a few layers---pattern paper with Gesso, stamped images in between the transparency (that also comes with the kit) and pattern paper. 
If you are wondering what Gesso (also comes in this kit)  is for....well, the patten paper is quite pretty but it is so bright! I "toned it down" with a bit of Gesso. It gives a artsy white wash look. The look is perfect with the sentiment (which is also part of the pattern paper in this kit). 

My next card is simply paper-piercing.
let's celebrate

I also dabbed a bit of Gesso on the paper-pierced balloons. I love the smaller stamps in this set and used them to stamp the background.

Do you think this set is meant just for birthdays?
With a little creativity, anything is possible.
DSC_0058
I used the small solid balloon stamp to stamp FLOWERS! I love the whimsical look of the "flowers".  After adding my scrap piece/junk DIY Rectangle frame, I think the flowers really pop!

See the shine on the flowers? They are from Perfect Pearl. If you have them, it's time to get them out!
Hope you enjoy seeing seeing the 3 cards from one kit!

Extra, extra~~~ 
Craftsy is having an online card classes sale (up to 50%off!!).
You can find out all about it here 
I highly recommend... I know all about  these uber talented instructors! : )
Lovely Layered Cards (Shari Carroll)
Pattern Paper Play (Paige Evans)
Cards with Dimensions (Danielle Flanders)
Vibrant Stamping (Laura Bassen)

If you want  try something new and get out of your comfort zone, try something different, these are fun and inspiring.

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Lin said...

Love the way you used this kit, V! My fave is the first one - love the stencilled parts!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such pretty happy cards, what a great kit!

Dotty Jo x said...

Delightful, Jo x

Ashwini Rao said...

Fantastic cards - as always, Virginia!! Love them all! I am a big fan of balloon cards and this one is so awesome!!

Ashwini Rao said...

Hey Virginia, I tried to pin your cards (in Pinterest), bit it seems that flickr is blocking them - as in, I am not able to pin them using any method; nothing works - there's no pin button on the photo itself, right click 'Pin It' doesn't even appear on right click, and the 'Pin It' button on the browser doesn't detect the flickr images. I found out the problem to be within what we use to get the images from flickr - data-flickr-embed="true". Can you please please remove this before using the html embed code in your blog post! That would really help a lot!! Thanks!!!

Teresa Doyle said...

WOW Virginia, you have been busy, they are all so lovely! Great job!

Ruby N said...

Your cards are so fun!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous trio of cards using that kit, Virginia! Just love the layered one with the stencil in the corners - very cool idea!

Desire Fourie said...

Such fun cards Virginia and I adore the bright pastel colouring.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

conil said...

Oooh, a threefer and, oh boy, what a threefer. What fun cards. Love what you did with the balloon for the flowers in #3, you're right the frame really enhances them. Clever use of that gesso to tone down the PP in #1. But my favorite has to be #2 with all those paper pieced balloons. You must have been fussy cutting your little fingers off. All are cheery, happy cards.

Happy Dance said...

I have the Birthday Bits set sitting in front of me, and was completely blown away by those flowers you made with the small balloon! Brilliant!!! All of your cards are so wonderfully designed and done. Truly. Thank you so much for sharing them. Bev

Melissa Friedrich said...

Beautiful cards, love all your techniques especially with the gesso. I have some but I was unsure what to do with it!

Laura Bassen said...

you are rockin' this month's kit!!!! love it!

Linda S. said...

Fun cards! So artsy!

Parker said...

I agree with Laura B. You rocked this card kit. I am not as creative as you, and you've shown me how to work out of my box. Quite the inspiration. I do sometimes outline loosely with ultra-thin black perm. marker. I think your brilliant balloon flowers might look great on another card being loosely outlined. I might have to try that. Ohhhh more inspiration. :)

Carol McCready said...

Great cards and inspiration from the kit.
Thanks for sharing.

Barb Ghig said...

Three really beautiful cards, Virginia! I love how you played with the elements in this kit, and how you stamped the blooms on the last one...always inspiring, thank you!

Taunya Butler said...

AMAZING and super delightful are words to describe all three cards - the colors on each one look so good together and such gorgeousness is on all of them!! I hope you realize how special and loved you are!!!