Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Simon Says Stamp September Card Kit (Part 2)

Hope your day is going splendidly!
I am popping in to share one more card from the card kit. I actually used less from this kit and focus more on stamping. You can see Part 1 here.

This card is nearly a one layer.
DSC_0040
I wanted to challenge myself and stamp a pattern by using the smaller stamps in this "Birthday Bits" set that comes with the kit. I created this card partially with the help of MISTI (hearts and sentiment).
How do you used the smaller stamps to stamp a background?
Ding------> group the small stamps that are similar in size and shape. Arrange them on the acrylic block and stamp a pattern. In this card, I created a triangle with the small circle, triangle and star. I rotate the images as I stamped. This way, it is fast and keeps the design interesting.

Are you The Ton Blog Hop winner? See announcement here.
My blog Appreciation Giveaway's winners will be announced on Sept. 10.
Thank you for your tremendous support and feedback!

Lastly,  Craftsy's 'Back to School Sale'!
It's up to 50% off all supplies and online classes!  
Duration: Ends tomorrow, 9/9 @11:59pm MT
For all classes, please click here

See ya!

11 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

THANK you so much! I needed a MAN card today..Now I know the direction to go.

conil said...

Your card is fresh and fun. Really have to get into making my own patterned paper. Your tips gave me an idea...you just might see it on my old blog if it works.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Beautiful! I love the way you made your stamped design!

Harriet said...

An excellent idea, Virginia, I have many small stamps and now I will give them life as a pattern. Thank you.

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving those borders you created! Way to stretch your stamps!

Shelly said...

Super cute card!! Love how you used the smaller stamps!

Taunya Butler said...

Thank you SO much for that tip - making borders is something I don't always think to do - so thanks for that!! Your card is light, airy and FUN!!! Love it!! Have a super happy day!!

Cindy C. said...

Such sweet card!! The ombre balloons so fun!

Lisa said...

This is just delightful Virginia!!

Teresa Doyle said...

A very pretty card Virginia. I love the colours you've used.

Parker said...

Nearly one layer, definitely CAS. Great job, and it is a fun border like you said. Rotating the small stamps then stamping. Fantastic job. You've turned out great cards using this SSS monthly card kit.