Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednnesday Challenge #336


wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the   Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Anything Goes

 We are using Clearly Besotted products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :)

  For my design, I chose to use Scribble Flower Stamp set. This set of stamps may be small, but the possibilities are endless!   

I was determined to use EVERY SINGLE stamp from this small 3"x 4" stamp set ($6.99). I took out all my new favorite inks and started to stamp on the rectangle piece that I have....and this is my 100% stamped result.

a little note

  I realized that I like the free style stamping! By that, I meant that I was not following the exact lines of the stamps. I purposely did not line up the solids with the outline stamps
This works fabulously since this stamp set is kind of whimsical and fun. The purple flowers were stamped in Hot Mama (Simon Says Stamp) with the Generational Stamping Technique.

The following card is actually my first take with this stamp setIt turned out lovely, but I thought it is a bit on the boring/blah side!? 

if friends were flowers...
 I love how easy it is to layer the solid and outline stamps to create a flower scene. This set, is definitely is " the little stamp set that could". Whether you are a seasoned stamper or a beginner, this one is a sure to please!

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

Sharon Jones said...

Virginia, I LOVE your free stamping style! That first card is STUNNING!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Virginia :-) both of them are stunning and I don't think your 2nd one is boring at all! It's absolutely GORGEOUS :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jingle said...

These are both very pretty cards!

Barb said...

Beautiful stamping, Virginia! Love the pretty colors too! ♥

Heather said...

Both fabulous cards Virginia, your flowers are all beautiful, lovely on the background and so pretty on the coloured!!

hugs
Heather xx

Dotty Jo x said...

Super sweet! Jo x

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Gorgeous cards!! Love the happy bright palette you stamped the flowers with :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

conil said...

You are the mistress of backgrounds. This one is perfect for the colorful panel. Love the colors you chose, too. And your first shot at this was NOT boring.

Lin said...

This flower lover adores your cards, V! Such a pretty mix of colors!

Deepti said...

Oh wow! Such a happy card set, it definitely will make us all smile :)

Lisa said...

What pretty little flowers Virginia, these are delightful!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, beautiful cards.
luv
Debby

alexandra s.m. said...

Simply gorgeous Virginia!!
Thank You~

Migdalia said...

Stunning & Beautiful cards...
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful cards Virginia! Such lovely stamping!

hugs...

Noreen Fontana said...

I love these cards with 'free style" stamping. I realized a few months ago that after using stamp positioners for so many of my cards, that I had lost sight of the fun and creativity of just free styling! I have been feeling much better lately since I haven't relied 100% on these postioners. These cards are just beautiful as always, Virginia. Thanks for sharing your art.

Marlena M. said...

That really is a darling set Virginia! I love what you did on both cards~

Gayatri said...

Very pretty card, Virginia! Love the layering and gold background on the card.
Hugs!
Gayatri

Teresa Kline said...

hey Virginia! these are the cutest flowers, luv both cards...fun! hope you have a awesome weekend!

sparkle & shine *~*