Thursday, September 17, 2015

Use Pattern Transparency for Card-making

Hello friends! I am so glad that you are here!!!! 
Not that I have something amazing to share, but it's always fun and special to have stamping friends coming over here...don't you think? Today I am sharing a card that I made with the SSS September Card Kit. This kit is little unusual (I meant that in the NICE way)...
It comes with BEAUTIFUL 14 Pink Fresh Studio 3x4 acetate colored cards
I mean, 14 sheets of gorgeous plastic goodness! 
As a card-maker, I don't use pattern transparency all that much. After all, I am a stamper. Who needs all those pretty embellishments when you can stamp your own awesomeness? BUT I challenge myself to incorporate the pattern transparency into my stamped design. (Yay, go me!)

Here was my first attempt. 
just be you
This time, I tried using a leafy transparent sheet and this is the result.
Birthday Wishes
I stamped on the colorful balloons on the colored pattern paper with Balloon Bits. I created a colorful panel with a little masking, color layering and gold embossing (the sentiment).

The trickiest part is...how do you adhere all these layers? I glued the transparency and stamped image with a small dot of Glossy Accent. Now the glue really didn't show much, but to be sure, I added the stamped heart with the gold strings and popped it up with 3-D glue dots. No fuss, no muss.
The card looks so much more polished and sophisticated thanks to the pattern transparency.
 I apologize for being a little enthusiastic today...
We all need a little bit of passionate stamp talk from time to time, right?

 Also, in case you are interested, Craftsy has a new class called Quilted and Sculpted Cards!
http://www.craftsy.com/class/quilled-and-sculpted-cards/5328?ext=ShareASale_QuilledAndSculptedCards&utm_source=ShareASale&utm_medium=Affiliates&utm_campaign=General&initialPage=true&SSAID=1083364
Here's what's coming up in this blog this weekend...
Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

"glow" said...

wow virginia:) ....love this gorgeous card made with transparencies... your cards always look so rich and awesome!!!thanks for the card share..

Barb said...

Love how beautiful your card is, V! Using the transparency is such a fun and cool idea! ♥

conil said...

Excellent, classic card. Totally hidden adhesive. Those stamped balloons add so much to your design. Can't wait for the tour this weekend.

Bonnie said...

Very clever, Virginia. Transparency sheets are kinda scary, but you've mastered them beautifully!

Sue said...

Lovely elegant card! The wonderful detail in the stitching, balloon color variation, gold embossing…just beautiful!

Renee said...

DEFINITELY need some of those in my stash! These are so beautiful and I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you stamped the balloons!

Nora N. said...

I have a ton of these in my stash. I need to drag them out and play with them. Your cards are fabulous!!

Taunya Butler said...

Beautiful and I am so glad you challenged yourself to play with these because the end result is extremely awesome!!! So excited to try this out with some that I have like this!!! Such a great idea - thank you!! Have a wonderful life!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great challenge to yourself, you nailed it! Love how you used those acetate sheets!

Chrystina Noel said...

I'm impressed. And you're right, it's the adhering things together part that's so tricky with transparent/translucent stuff. I might need ot buy some of the stuff you used.