Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Virginia's View Challenge #18

Hello friends! It's time for the new challenge...
This is the perfect time to get back to the BASICS! 
We are going to explore Geometric Patterns

Please make anything geometric and let it be the STAR of your design. You can use stamps, dies, pattern paper...stencils to create anything geometric/ patterns. We are also talking about shapes...you can use circles, triangles, rectangles, hexagon....any shape that you heart desire to be part of your design. Sky is the limit.

My first card
hang in there
My 2nd card 
UR G8!
 I used the Lawn Fawn border stamp and then made the die cut with MFT Square dies.
 
If you are wondering about last month's Spotlight Feature ....well, the announcement of top 10 Fav and HMs), will be in early September. Since I have been taking a summer vacation, I have some major catch-up to do. I just got back from a cruise to Norway (yes, WAY!!! )! Prior to that, I had a week-long visit in London, UK. South Hampton is where the cruise started.

(photo taken at Geiranger, Norway)


Hope you put your thinking cap on and create something with Geometric Patterns! Meanwhile, I am recovering from the traveling, laundry and jet lag.... I hope to share photos soon.
Thank you for stopping by!

11 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

These cards are just so darn sweet! I especially love the faux-stitched square card. It's like the cutest picnic card all wrapped up in gingham.

Susi Kelly said...

Fabulous cards to get the creative juices flowing, Virginia! What a great challenge too (hope to play soon!).

Susanne Vargas said...

What a great theme for the new challenge! Fabulous cards! Hope you will show more pictures of Norway! And London!

Shelly said...

Awesome challenge theme! And two FABULOUS cards!!

conil said...

Don't let the laundry swallow you up...glad you had a wonderful holiday.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fun challenge, Virginia! Just love your geometric card and I can't wait to hear all about the vacation!!

Christina Hor said...

What fun and playful cards of geometric shapes Virginia! They're so fitting for any occasions, even as kids' cards. Thanks for another inspiration and what FUN challenge too! A lovely day to you Virginia.

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your new challenge my Friend and your new cards are very inspiring!
Alexia is the luckiest kittie on earth! Love the pic'
xx

Happy Dance said...

*sigh* The fjord looks beautiful...Can't wait to hear more about your vacation! And I'll do my best to play along this month. Your cards are so sweet and are so full of brilliant colors. Love them. Thanks for doing this. Bev

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous cards, Virginia ... great theme for your newest challenge ... and wow, what a stunning photo! Hugs, Anita :)

Taunya Butler said...

Excited about this challenge - I have some ideas brewing!! And I am so glad that you were so fortunate to travel this last little while!! SO very excited for you!!