Friday, September 25, 2015

Watercolor with Bokeh Effect

Hello friends!
Since we are talking about water, I thought I would share silly photo of me. This was taken in Geiranger, Norway. I had so much fun posing with the beautiful waterfalls. My kids were embarrassed.
Speaking of water, I have been taking Watercolor Cards Made Simple ( taught by the talented Deepti Malik) over Craftsy.
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=253536&m=29190&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Ecraftsy%2Ecom%2Fclass%2Fwatercolor%2Dcards%2Dmade%2Dsimple%2F5234%3F%5Fct%3Dsbqii%2Dsqjuweho%2Ddum%26%5Fctp%3D4%26rceId%3D1442168808228%7E6yjrpmei
In Lesson 4, Deepti showed us how to use watercolor to create the Bokeh Effect.
I had made cards with Bokeh Effect before, but I never thought of using watercolors! Ding!
birthday wishes
You can see how I created this card simple by looking at the supply list (wink!).

I added a bit of my own twist to this technique. I used the pattern paper (for the pop-up balloon) from Simon Says Stamp September Card kit for. I used the silver gel pen and silver Stickles for the extra shine for the accent of the balloon.

Lastly, Craftsy is having a Flash Sale ( many classes are $20 and under!!).
http://www.shareasale.com/u.cfm?d=300420&m=29190&u=1083364
I am also taking Lovely Layers from Top to Bottom from the talented Shari Carroll over Craftsy)
 If you are a Shari's fan, you should totally check it out.
Dr. John's travel post is coming up next! Yay!
Thanks for stopping by! 

13 comments:

Suchi said...

Stunning Bokeh effect Virginia..like your pic too! :)
Suchi xx

Betty Keefe said...

wonderful card Virginia - just signed up for Deepti's class - and such a fun pic of you!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful bokeh effect, Virginia! I love the colors and your balloons are so fun! I love all the sparkle you added to this card, too! Deepti's class is fabulous, and I think she will be really proud to see what you've created using her techniques :)

Barb Ghig said...

Oh...and I love this fun photo of you with the waterfalls :)

Miriam Prantner said...

I haven't tried using watercolor for bokeh either! Love the results and I love that photo of you too!

conil said...

Like the festive effect the bokeh has on this card. Adds so much personality to it. Also like the personality you're displaying at this waterfall. You're just adorable.

Nicole Parmentier said...

wow, cool! Do I hear Video tutorial?.......

Tracey McNeely said...

Your photo is making me laugh of loud Virginia--you ham! Your bokeh watercolouring is gorgeous!!

Harriet said...

Lovely card, methinks I'll next give bokeh a try....you always challenge me to stretch my supplies as well as my abilities for which I am very grateful.

Jenelle said...

Gorgeous! I love the bokeh effect with the water coloring!

Deepti said...

Thank you soooooo much Virginia for the shout out!! You card... Leaves me speechless and proud at the same time :) I am sooooo happy to see your own twist to it. Experimenting is fun always. I am soooooo honored. A Huge thank you and loads of hugs:)

Anita in France said...

Dreamy and delicious, Virginia ... and that little smiley face on the balloon is so fun! Fun photo too ... looks as though you were having a wonderful time! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa said...

This is amazing, you did a great job Virginia!! Love that cute photo of you ;)