Thursday, September 24, 2015

Working with Pattern Paper (October Card Kit)

Hello!
I am happy to share cards that I made with the October Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp. I mentioned that this is BY FAR my favorite kit of this year! Not only the stamp set is awesome, but the dies, paper, embellishments that come in this kit are inspiring and of great quality.

I have combined my stamping along with the pattern paper. What can I say? The pattern paper are so gorgeous that all you do is stamp/emboss a few images... and your card looks like a PRO'S ( at least that's how I felt...).
I'm here for you, anytime.
I stamped and emboss the heart on the pattern paper. I then inked up the colors with Fossilized Amber and Picked Raspberry (Distress Inks). I basically follow the pattern paper's color combo and.... voila!
My 2nd card also follows the same principle...
hello-004
I love the ink pad that ALSO comes in this kit. It's the Brilliance Gold Dew Drop. I did some hand-stitching with the heart. The floss is part of the kit--awesome, right?
The color is bright and gold. The inking is excellent. I also have the Delicata ink. In comparison, the Brilliant Gold is a lighter shade of gold. When you want something gold in a jiffy, this Brilliance Gold is a great alternative! That's it for today :)

Thanks for stopping by!



11 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

FABULOUS use of those SCRUMPTIOUS papers!! Your collages are ones to be peered over and over again:))

Sharon Jones said...

Wow, Virginia! Just totally WOW on both cards, my friend!

Shelly said...

BEAUTIFUL cards, Virginia!!

Miriam Prantner said...

This kit is full of such beautiful papers, and you are taking full advantage of them!

conil said...

Amazing use of the patterned paper. The alterations you made to it make it your own. Love the embossing with the ink blending on the first card. What can I say about the second except it's always a delight to see your genius hand stitching on a card. This time it adds just the perfect emblellishment.

Happy Dance said...

Thanks for sharing your creations, Virginia. This does look like a fantastic kit, and if I hadn't half-promised to "be good" for at least a couple of weeks, guess what I'd be ordering, lol!! Love the papers in this kit, and the colors. And I love how you've used the patterned paper as a base for some of the stamps. I need to remember to do that again; thanks for the reminder! Love these cards! Bev

Lisa said...

Both are just lovely Virginia!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my! true Beauties!
I love what you've done with the kit!!
It looks like I'm going to have to get this one ;o)

vinita jain said...

Brilliant use of PP! Love how cleverly you used that gorgeous kit! Thanks for sharing!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh Virginia these are just gorgeous! That first one may be one of my new favourite cards of yours!

Barb Ghig said...

I really love how you played with your patterned papers, Virginia! Two gorgeous cards!