Sunday, October 4, 2015

A Watercolor Card!

In case you miss taking the virtual trip to Norway, please click here.
If you would like to see part 2 ,3...of Norway, please leave a comment for Dr. John. He thought the post was not popular (LOL). Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Hello friends!
I feel like doing some water-coloring the other day and I took out one of the stamp set and just played.
 Winnie and Walter's My Precious is full of possibilities. I love the choice of shapes for the diamonds. I used MISTI to position all the diamond shapes and then heat- embossed the images in white all at once. That makes it easy and no mess to worry about.
you are precious
I colored each diamond with Spectrum Aqua markers. I love the super fine tips on these markers and they allow me to add the tiniest bits of watercolor to the images. After the diamond images were all colored and dried, I wet the surface of the background and used Distress Inks to color it. Finally I stamped and white embossed the word" precious". 

I made this card before taking this awesome watercolor class (by my sweet friend Deepti Malik). I have learned quite a few new things about watercolors and can't wait to play with them again.

(click on the following image, it will take you right to the class).
Watercolor Cards Made Simple
Deepti's thorough knowledge of watercolors make it fun and interesting to take, regardless of levels. It is a great class that you have lifetime access for.  

The comment feature in this post has been disabled.
 Thanks so much for stopping by!