Friday, October 2, 2015

Another New Penny Black Die

Hello friends!
I knew it was love at first sight, but after working on it, I am smitten!
winter wishes

Working with an intricate die:
~die cut: I made two pieces of die cut; colored and layered them
~coloring: I sponged Distress Inks and applied to the birdie
~background: stamped Tall Timbers in Khaki and then white chalk ink (LOVE that!)
~details: for the branch and berries, I applied Pico Embellisher. Let dry
~shine: Wink of Stella (clear) never fails.
2015-09-25 001
I love the white space on the top and left side, so I stamped the sentiment on the right.
To keep the design in balance, I decided to add a small piece of doily and gold thread topped with a sequin. Somehow it seems to make the card all that much sweeter!!?
Thanks for stopping by!
Dr. John's Travel post is coming up next...we are Norway-bound!


15 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

gorgeous Virginia. Love the little corner of doily. Looks so elegant.

evercraftin said...

Loved the card you made from the little bird die from Penny Black (I can't remember it's name). I was also smitten by the die but was unsure that I would be able to make it actually look like a bird! When I saw how wonderful your bird looks, I thought I just might be able to do something with the die too. Thank you for your inspiration I am so very happy I "discovered" your blog while looking around the web!

jan metcalf said...

Pretty card!

Bonnie said...

Love the way you've done the background and the bird and branch, Virginia!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my! Virginia, your card is so beautiful and so well conceived!
I love the white space, the way you colored the die cut, the doily in the corner, the background and the sentiments on the edge! Well, i just love everything about your card! Thank you for making me smile with that picture!!

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE a well colored Die:) Looking forward to the trip to NORWAY!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fantastic transformation of the die, you literally breathed life into it!

conil said...

Love the seeming simplicity of this card. Stacking the bird diecut probably made it easier to color, huh? But your embellishments made this card a winner.

Becca Cruger said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous creation! LOVE the gold behind that adorable red bird and the sweet little doily action going on in the corner.

Cris G said...

What a gorgeous and sweet card, Virginia! Love how you placed the greeting and your fantastic coloring of the dies. Now I will have to take a look of Pico Embellisher, I had never heard about this, but the effect is fantastic.

donna mikasa said...

You really made that bird come alive, Virginia! And your card is so sweet--the doily is thee perfect touch! Bon Voyage! Looking forward to your adventurous pics!

Susanne Vargas said...

The bird on the branch is so lovely the way you colored it and I love the piece of doily!

Gloria Lee said...

The die and your card is so beautiful!!!
I love the bird color!!!

Lisa said...

Love the way you've color this Virginia, such a pretty card!!

TLady said...

SO SWEET!!!!! ;) BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!