Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Card with A Large Sentiment

Hello friends!
Honestly, large sentiments are quite a challenge to use. This new stamp set "PEACE" literally fell on my lap and pushed me to rise to the challenge... at least, I tried!
PEACE-001

I chose the largest sentiment from the set and did my white-embossing. Then I set out to do the water-coloring--one letter at a time.
I used Spectrum Aqua markers to do the lettering. As for the gradient in the background, I used Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink.  To add a bit of pizzazz, I added a piece of foil card stock to highlight the green.
I kept it simple and let the color and sentiment do the talking :) 
Edited: FYI
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?B=199868&U=1083364&M=24698&urllink=
Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous. Love the bright colours of each letter Virgina. It really makes an awesome card.

Keren Baker said...

This is fantastic! Gorgeously bright- Love those aquamarkers- might have to try some x

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

So beautiful!

conil said...

Think this is beautiful, Virginia and the color is fantastic. Don't you think this could be mass produced if you were so inclined?

Barb Ghig said...

You did a really fabulous job with this sentiment, Virginia! Beautiful water coloring on the letters and I love the subtle background! You nailed it, my friend!

Harriet said...

Lovely colors. I, too, find the large sentiments a challenge, I have one and that's enough for me. Add the green strip sure made this card pop.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your colorful PEACE, Virginia!

Lisa said...

This is wonderful Virginia!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful card and colors my Friend!!
Thank You~

Cris G said...

Definitely doesn't seem like a challenge... your card is totally gorgeous! But I do love a good card devoted just to words :).

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the coloring on that big sentiment!

Taunya Butler said...

Gorgeous card with beautiful coloring!!!