Friday, October 23, 2015

Congratulations Circle Die

http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D331978
Hello friends! See that lovely Congratulations Circle Wafer die? The die arrived with perfect timing as my niece Katie and her husband Dave just bought their first house! I wanted to congratulate them on this huge milestone with a card of course!

This is my take on it!
congratulations
 Obviously, the design is all about that circle. I used my DIY watercolor paper (with Peerless) and made the die cut with the Congratulations Circle Die. I then made two circles with white card stock. I then sandwiched them all together--with a piece of acetate and house and clouds (cotton balls) and tiny sequins in between. 
close-up
 If you are intimidated about making shaker cards, I suggest that you try a circle one, using a die such as this one. All you need to do is build up the circle with double-sided tape and you've got it made! I see more possibilities with this circle die. You can use the sentiment or house die separately according to your theme. I hope to share more examples with you in the near future.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

10 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww what a sweet card.. I love the little scene you create.

CONNIE BROOKS said...

I think the happy new homeowners will consider this card a keepsake.

jan metcalf said...

Sweet card

Tina Kay said...

What a lovely card!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow gorgeous card Virginia.

Nora N. said...

This is so pretty!! I love the way you colored it and the use of cotton-genius!! Beautiful creation!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such pretty colors, love the shaker!

Harriet said...

A lovely card, Virginia, to help your niece celebrate her new home. Love it. I haven't even tried a "shaker" card too intimidated.

conil said...

Oh boy, do I ever like what you did with this die which is adorable, by the way. Makes a perfect shaker card.

Taunya Butler said...

Beautiful - soft and lovely with those sweet colors!! Love it!!