Sunday, October 18, 2015

Hello...Use That Word Die!

Hello cards are my favorite kind of cards...
I had created these hello cards and almost forgot to share...! You should know by now that I am quite a cardmaking machine (LOL). I apologize for frequent posting...yeah, it's an addiction. There, I said it.

I love using pattern paper and foil to make the word die. It is the easiest and most effective way to achieve fabulous results.
Card #1
DSC_0074
If you are like me..... you love the foil look, but I would not totally jump on the bandwagon of purchasing the foil Minc machine. I resisted. This foil paper from DCWV is AWESOME! It has that foil look and you certainly do not have to pay the price for the Minc machine! I stamped the sentiment "you are pretty fantastic" and placed the journaling card (from SSS October Card Kit) over it. With a stacked bright hello word die, the card is complete! This card is on its way to a blog friend!

Card #2
DSC_0036
Are you loving that watercoloring!? I had SO much fun playing with Distress Inks! I cut out the butterfly from the pattern paper (also in SSS October Card Kit) and placed it over with the heart and hello die...Done.
If you missed seeing yesterday's post (by my daughter Stephanie) about the hike to Pulpit Rock, Norway, please click here.
Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Barb said...

Love these, Virginia! Your layering is beautiful! ♥

Sarah Gray said...

Great combination of patterns and colours, Virginia - they will make the recipients smile, I'm sure!

Dotty Jo x said...

Gorgeous! Jo x

~amy~ said...

Love them both...hello are my fav cards too.

CONNIE BROOKS said...

Hello cards seem to be a favorite of mine as well. Don't EVER apologize for posting a lot...I love your blog posts. You are one of several I go to every day. I almost feel apart of your family between you, Dr. John and now Stephanie. I get to travel with you all and I love being along.
Your Hello cards are really cute. I just finished putting the last finishing touches on 40 Christmas Cards last night. Whew! Today, I'm going shopping in search of some nice white heavy count envelopes. Keep up blogging with all that you do.....I learn so much from you.

conil said...

Love your "hello" diecuts...so eye catching. Wouldn't have thought of cutting a word die with patterned paper. Thanks to you, I won't ever forget that option again. Once again, the way you embellish your cards is amazing...it must be the artist in you. Please don't apologize for posting often...don't know what I'd do if I didn't get my Virginia fix every day.

Harriet said...

Both cards are wonderful. Virginia you continue to amaze by changing your cards so much. Mine tend to resemble each other. I think I'll look for the foil paper. I like to use gold especially because it's shine makes ma happy. I enjoy each and every post of your....hope you continue to post a lot.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great hello cards, Virginia! Just love all the hearts!

alexandra s.m. said...

So beautiful and so edgy!
I love them also because they're vibrant and reflect the soul of a true artist!
Bravo my Friend!!

Kara Lynne said...

Wonderful layers! I am smitten with your water coloring!

Taunya Butler said...

Popping in to say Hello to one of my favorite card makers!! You are fabulous!!! Have a wonderful week!!!

Lynn said...

Oh so fun...these are both awesome Virginia!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous cards, Virginia! I love your layering and how you played with this versatile die cut sentiment!

Susanne Vargas said...

Very cool cards! Love both of them!

Lisa said...

You just keep cranking them out Virginia, we all know the addiction too well LOL!! Another fabulous pair of cards!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Love them both!!

Dawn Turley said...

really beautiful examples of using the Hello die. Simply gorgeous..