Friday, October 30, 2015

Mix Up Your Dies!

Hello friends!
 Today's project is the result of mixing my dies.

http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D335474 http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D331978http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D312706

These dies and stamps are an unlikely trio... but somehow they CAN work together!

DSC_0056
First off, I created a tag with the PS Gift Tag die. Then I made the die cut with the house (in Congratulations Circle Die). By using the negative part of the die as a stencil, I created a colorful background. 
DSC_0074

 I then stamped the "PEACE" sentiment on the colorful stenciled background. The last part was to make a white house. I added white Pico Embellisher and silver Stickle around all the edges. For the final touches, I glued a few small sequins (circle, star and small confetti).
A little creativity goes along way.
You can say that this tag was inspired by my recent trip to Bergen, Norway.
...See the inspiration? I hope you are inspired as well.
Thanks for stopping by!

22 comments:

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Virginia! Absolutely wonderful tag--one of my favorites--& I love the Norway scene that inspired you!

Brenda said...

That is just so pretty Virginia! I love those colours and that little house die is just too cute!

Taunya Butler said...

This is so creative and what a delightful scene you have made on this really fun tag - love the colors and the way you used the negative part of the die to achieve this fantastic look!!! Have a beautiful day!!

Heidi Crowl said...

INCREDIBLE!!!!

Susi Kelly said...

What a gorgeous inspiration photo - love all the fabulous colours you mixed up for that tag, Virginia!

jan metcalf said...

Love your pretty tag!!

Barb said...

Love how you were inspired, V! Gorgeous tag! Love, love, love it! ♥

Happy Dance said...

What a great way to capture the memories of your Norway trip! I love this idea! And I love this tag!! Fantastic! Bev

Lin said...

Just adore your tag, Virginia!! Beautiful colors!

Harriet said...

Virginia, you captured your inspiration beautifully. I love what you have done.

Vikki Hein, southern Oregon said...

outstanding tag and it did remind me instantly of your Norway pictures of Bergen area! lovely

sunshinelouisiana said...

Wow, Virginia! You ROCKED these little tags by mixing those dies...perfection from the inspiration photo!

conil said...

Freaking brilliant. Love that background and those sweet little houses really do look like they're sitting on the edge of that water. Adding the stars and hearts confetti was a stroke of genius. LOVE THIS TAG!!!!

Brenda & Ian said...

OH, OH, Oh! Total overall effect is smashing. I would love that tag on my present. Even without the present. It is so impressive one could use it as the focal image on a card. Did I say already how gorgeous this tag is?

alexandra s.m. said...

Stunning Virginia!
Love to see how Bergen has inspired you ;)

Jacqueline said...

What a coincidence, I was thinking of just the same scene yesterday, of the villages (built on a hill) in Italy or France, which also have yellow, peach and sandy colored houses. Also had a winter scene in mind. Love the inspiration behind your tag!!

Jacqueline said...

By the way, I know a couple who live in Bergen and just recently shared the photos with her when we met in Orlando.

Cindy C. said...

Oh my goodness what a colourful cheerful tag!! I really enjoy seeing your sweet tag, and how it was inspired!!

Nora N. said...

WOW!! This is so cool!! I love how you created a stencil with the negative. The colored houses are so cool!! I love your inspiration photo. FABULOUS design!!

foleysfriend said...

So beautiful; I love the colour you chose, how you layered the houses and the perfectly added sparkle. OK really - I love this tag! I'm inspired :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous tag! Love the bright colors!

Laura Bassen said...

love, love, love...what a perfect take on your vacation photo!!!