Thursday, October 22, 2015

Simon Says Stamp November Card Kit

http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D335373
Hello friends! The latest November Card Kit "Handmade with Love" is definitely a sweet and  heart-warming set. I LOVE baking pies so to me, this set is made for someone like me! I love the chip boards and labels that come in the kit. Take a look at that stamp set! It can be used in many different creative ways.
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D335380
Apple of My Eyes has beautiful sentiments, lovely fall foliage and homespun images. What's not to love? I happened to use one of the not-so-obvious images to create a food display/banner. This kit comes with many paper chip boards and they are perfect for Thanksgiving/Fall decorations. 
DSC_0011
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread is pretty much a staple food item in my house. I created the banners and dressed up the loaf and I love how it looks! 
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product.aspx?id=329033
Aren't these kind of amazing?
The chipboard is currently sold out at the online store, BUT you can still get it through SSS November Card Kit!
I can think of many uses for these paper embellishments--->think Thanksgiving dinner place cards, thanksgiving food display banners, recipes, food labels, tags....and thank-you cards!
 
I secured the two ends with BBQ sticks and Washi tape and they look pretty awesome!Made with love
  Based on the paper embellishments' colors, I did stamp the "stripes/ribbons" with SSS inks (Khaki, Schoolhouse Red and Duckling). This project took me 5 minutes (yes, 5 minutes) to create. 

I did, however, spend more time making the Banana Chocolate Chip Bread (edited).
Thanks for stopping by!


Banana Chocolate Chip Bread:
1/2 cup butter/margarine                                          2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar                                              1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs                                                                         1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup mashed 3 bananas (very ripe)                          1/2 tsp salt
                                                                                   3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions: cream butter and sugar together. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating until smooth. Add Mashed bananas and blend in. In 2nd bowel, stir in flour with baking soda, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips. Add to banana mixture stirring only to moisten. Transfer to 9"x5"x3 inch loaf pan. Bake in 350F/180C for 45-50 minutes. Bon appetit! 


15 comments:

Cris G said...

Yay! Love your decoration, Virginia... can I include the Banana Chocolate Chip Bread? :). Really love what you did with the banners and respective colors, the chipboard cuts look great too!

Susi K said...

Yum! I don't know what looks more scrumptious ... that Banana Bread or your lovely paper project made with the card kit :-)

Nicole Parmentier said...

Yumm!! I need a smell-and-taste-laptop! Can someone invent that for me please?? It looks so festive, love it!

"glow" said...

sweet.. yes i would love to have the recipe.. i love to bake...:)... see it in the next post? ...watevr wrks out 4 u...

~amy~ said...

Yum!

alexandra s.m. said...

It's official. I am drooling all over the keyboard ;o)
I don't know what inspires me the most. Your gorgeous project or the cake?!
In any case, I feel I must get that kit thanks to YOU!!
xx

Mary-Anne V said...

What a cute project and the bread looks scrumptious!

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome project, Virginia! I love the chalkboard panel and your choice of elements are so inviting! In fact, I wish I could jump into my car and stop over for a piece of your gorgeous loaf and a cup of tea :)

If you have a chance, I would love to have a copy of this recipe...Thank you!

conil said...

Holy cow! First, the little banner is cuter than a bug's ear...then to whet our whistle, you offer up the recipe...with chocolate!!! Let's take a vote out there. Who DOESN'T love bananas & chocolate together? If you don't, you have a serious taste issue. Enough said.

Harriet said...

Wonderful, wonderful and you can be sure I'll be making the bread as soon as my bananas ripen beyond eating. By the looks of them, maybe this weekend.

Annette Allen said...

this is so warming.. i love it. Your bread looks amazing and love how you decorated it.. :)

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great idea! Love the little banner!

mimijudy1975 said...

You have the most creative ways to use you supplies. What a nice way to add that extra touch for your Banana Bread.. It looks delicious.
I'm visiting my daughter and faimly this coming week. I'll make your chocolate chip banana bread for them. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe, Virginia.

Taunya Butler said...

What a creative thing to do with this kit and thanks for sharing the yummy recipe with us!!!

Laura Bassen said...

oh my gosh! how cool is this!!! LOVE those stamped stripes!!! That bread?? Oh my....YUM!