Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #337

wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...
CAS Christmas

 We are using Memory Box this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

 These are so many beautiful dies from Memory Box...it was hard to choose just one to create with. I settled for this dear deer image (....couldn't help it!).

Dashing through the snow-001
I actually embossed the deer image several times with gold embossing powder (Ranger Enchanted Gold). But because this type of embossing powder is more for the shine, I actually missed a few spots here and there. In the end, I used gold Wink of Stella pen to touch up all the imperfections.  
As for the background, I used a floral stencil (Modern Fantasy Flowers) to create the snowflake by using only a tiny part of it. I think it worked! Here's my previous card with the same stencil.

And oh...about that "hill", I just cut a piece of card stock and use it as a stencil and applied Spring Rain ink over it.  To match the colors, I stamped the sentiment with Spring Rain with the help of MISTI ( love my MISTI).

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
My Monthly Stamp Study is coming up next :) 
Thanks for stopping by! 


23 comments:

Lin said...

Sweet, Virginia! Love your "floral" snowflakes, and that perfect sentiment!

Tricia Ann said...

I really like the way you designed this sweet card. It is unique. All the elements are coordinated and balanced so well. This sentiment was clever to put with the deer in the snow since we usually think of a horse and sleigh.

Jingle said...

Very pretty card!

Lorraine A said...

Stunning card Virginia :-) I love the deer, very beautiful in gold, and the background is fabulous! LOVE it :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Barb said...

Gorgeous card, V! Love it!!! ♥

Dotty Jo x said...

Gorgeous! I doubt there were any imperfections, Jo x

Leigh Penner said...

This is fabulous! I love it!

Heather said...

A fabulous card Virginia, a beautiful background and fabulous deer, especially the golden one!!

hugs
Heather xx

Miriam Prantner said...

That gold deer! Be still my gold loving heart!

francesca said...

omg this card is amazing!!
I'm doing my first GIVEAWAY over at my blog, be sure to check it out!! :)

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Fabulous card Virginia!! Such a wonderful design!

hugs...

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Stunning design!! Love the dazzle element!! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Deepti said...

So soft and serene :) love the pop of gold !!

vinita jain said...

Such a unique CAS creation and love how you popped the gold deer along with white ones! Love it!

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous blues and those deer are delightful! Such a beautiful card!

debby4000 said...

Such a fabulous Christmas Card, love how the gold reindeer pops.
luv
Debby

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Virginia! The Deer are beautiful and I love how you've used the floral stencil for snowflakes, great idea :)
hugs
Mandy xx

~amy~ said...

Virginia....this is gorgeous! Love the pop of gold!

Lisa said...

The fancy gold embossed deer looks terrific! Another pretty card!!

conil said...

Spotted this at SSS...then here. Can I just say, "Oh deer". Seriously, lovely and peaceful. My wish for Christmas.

Carol McCready said...

Your card is just stunning.

Marlena M. said...

Stunning scene Virginia! I love that pop of gold~

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful winter scene, Virginia! I love the soft color palette and how you showcased the individual deer...so pretty! Love your clever 'snowflakes', too!