Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #339

wed-newchallenge-header  
Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Color Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)
This week the challenge is...

Wrap It Up

 We are using May Arts products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

For my simple design, I used Stitched Rectangles Dies (from Simon Says Stamp) and Zig Zag Square Dies (from My Favorite Things) to create the "presents". I love the pattern paper from  PinkFresh Studio (it came with the SSS September Card Kit) and used them for the die-cutting. These rectangle and square dies are the backbone for all things stamping. You can use them just for creating the card base; you can also use them in more creative ways (such as presents) You can make birthday- themed or any celebratory occasion (such as Christmas!). You really can't go wrong in getting these must-have dies. 

Birthday Wishes

 I added some "flair" with the help of a mini Playful Circle stencil (also came in the Sept. Card Kit). With the May Arts twines, the "presents" were all wrapped up nicely. I added the gold Pico Embellisher for the extra detailed look.

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 

23 comments:

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

:) I really like this card! Alot. Love the stitching.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Virginia! It's so cute & I love how you've wrapped twine around the presents
hugs
Mandy xx

Kristen said...

I love this card!

maria f. said...

So. Darn. Sweet.

Shelly said...

Super cute!!

Charlene said...

SO cute!! I love the added twine!

Lin said...

What a fun idea for this challenge, V! Love your mix of stencilling, dps, and stamping!

conil said...

I LOVE those little gift wrapped presents...so adorable and a perfect birthday card. All those celebratory gold dots against that stencilled background just make this card so festive.

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Adorable card Virginia! Those presents are too sweet! So creative!!

hugs...

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

I just love how cute your presents came out!!!

Stephanie Leykauf said...

This is way cool, Virginia!! So fun and festive!!


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Harriet said...

Great card, Virginia. This is exactly why I love your blog. You so often show a card that I can make in my own way for the VA hospital. It's such a challenge for me to make cards primarily for me. This card makes the cake.

Tracey McNeely said...

Sweet presents Virginia, love the font of your sentiment!

Specs N Scissors said...

This is such a beautiful card. I love the tiny wrapped gifts on the card.

Thank you and stay blessed
Salvwi@Specs N Scissors

Lisa said...

What cute packages Virginia, this is sweet!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Virginia :-) I love the little parcels and the twine and colours are fabulous! LOVE it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

alexandra s.m. said...

Genius!
I love your card and shall try it too ;)
Thanks Virginia~

Barb Ghig said...

Such a pretty card, Virginia! I love your design, and how you wrapped the gifts in twine...so clever!

Diane Jaquay said...

Hi Virginia, had to stop by to tell you how much I LOVE this card!!! This card kit was one of my all time faves and I absolutely love how you used it here, the little wrapped up packages are adorable!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE the wrapping of the presents! Great card!

ßeulah ßee said...

Your card is sweet and lovely!

Gayatri said...

Those packages are so cute, Virginia! Love them.
Gayatri xx

Taunya Butler said...

Darling wrapped presents - a clever way to do a card!! Have a happy day!!