Monday, October 5, 2015

Stamp A Wreath

Hello friends!
 Since I started seeing the leaves change color in my backyard, I am getting all the more inspired and thought it would be fun to share a wreath card I made.
Happy T.

Today's card may be a fine example for using the leaf stamps that you may already have.
 This one layer was created with The Tons' Autumn Foliage.
This set comes with many many solid and detailed outline leaf images. It is super easy to create a wreath.
 Ding---> how to stamp a wreath?
 ~make a die cut circle with thin-medium paper and use it as a guide/mask
~stamp solid leaf stamps first and fill up the circle
~start adding layers with various inks
~once the wreath is starting to take shape, remove the circle die
~stamp the fine outlines in the outer part of the wreath
~add final details (twines, dots, sequins...etc)
I hope that you find this post useful.

Also, if you don't have this stamp set that I used today, no problem!
 Here is a list of my recommendation for stamping-a-wreath set.
Would you like to see a video? I'd love to do one about stamping one layer :)
Thanks for stopping by!

29 comments:

Brenda said...

It really does make me think of Autumn Virginia! The colours are beautiful.

Barb said...

WOW! Amazing wreath, Virginia! Love the beautiful colors and your wonderful stamping! ♥

Janice P Ellis said...

So absolutely beautiful, Virginia! Yes, yes, yes - I would LOVE to see you do a video for this! Stunning!

Melissa said...

What a gorgeous card, Virginia! I would love to see a video for this technique!!

Gabi MeWi said...

Adorable beautiful.

Purvi Gadewar said...

Beautiful card...loving the gorgeous wreath...

Taunya Butler said...

BEAUTIFUL - love the tips you shared with us, love the idea of the masked circle to give a guideline and then removing it at the end - the ideas you have and share with us are so awesome!!! Super huge hugs to you!! Have a BEAUTIFUL week!!

Lynn said...

Wow! Stunning Virginia!

Michellew said...

Beautiful card Virginia.

sandie said...

fabulous Virginia, adore the mix of colours x

Lin said...

Absolutely lovely, Virginia - the epitome of the season!

Tess Hackett said...

Beautiful, I love your wreath so very pretty.

Maureen Morton said...

this is so amazing - all those layers of soft color. Thanks for the technique hints. Blessings to YOU!

LauraJane:) said...

Thanks for the Wreath stamping tip, Mine usually come out all wonky!!

Charlene said...

Gorgeous wreath Virginia! I love the colors!

alexandra s.m. said...

Genius!
Thanks Virginia!!

conil said...

ABSOLUTELY want to see you video this process...have that Ton set...which, sadly, I've not used yet (hanging head in shame). Your wreath makes me want to inaugurate it by CASEing your card. You've done an amazing job on this one.

Harriet said...

Wonderful card, Virginia, I love the colors and the many leaf shapes, interesting and joyous.

Judy Sander said...

YES, would love to see a video!!! I see the other stamp sets you suggested to use for making a wreath like this, but this one by The Ton is absolutely fabulous!!!! Your wreath is the prettiest I have ever seen.

Lisa said...

Oh my stars this is gorgeous Virginia!! It's a perfect wreath for this point of the season. Still some green out there with colors popping up!!

maria f. said...

What a lovely showcase of that stamp set! Happy preparation, happy eating and happy leftovers ;)

Dawn Turley said...

Beautiful wreath Virginia. Love the way it turned out.

jan metcalf said...

Lovely wreath! Like the process!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful wreath!!!

Winterfell Mixed Media said...

I love the colours and a wreath always floats my boat!

Shona Chambers said...

Really gorgeous Virginia! Inspires me to get my stamps out and give this technique a go!!

Carol McCready said...

Gorgeous card. Love those colors.

Laura Bassen said...

Love this...such gorgeous wreath stamping!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Thank you so much for the step-by-step on this GORGEOUS cards, Virginia! I love all the different leaves and the color palette is just beautiful!