Tuesday, October 13, 2015

String Art

Hello friends!
You have seen me using Simon Says Stamp October Card Kit and this stamp set "I see you" many times now....but I promise, it is likely the last one (for now). LOL.

My card idea was inspired by String Art. If you would like to see more about String Art, you can easily find them over Pinterest. You will be amazed by what you will see.

Here 's my simple card. It's nothing elaborate like the example I showed you, but you get the idea...
thanks
I first stamped the heart on the text paper with Brilliance (Gold)--love that ink! I added the small hearts as if they are flowing out from the heart. I then stamped a border and then popped the heart over it. I thought the heart looked kind of lacklustered still...so I decided to wrap the gold DMC strings around it. That pretty much completed my design. 

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: thank you also for commenting on my Pumpkin video. If you missed checking it out, here it is.




10 comments:

Laura Bassen said...

LOVE string art and how you were able to incorporate it in your card!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Very beautiful! I love the colors and string art is so awesome!

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful take on the photo prompt Virginia!
Thank You~

Dotty Jo x said...

Looks great, Jo x

Nora N. said...

I LOVE the fun way you used the string on that heart. It looks so pretty. Love the colors you used as well. Great design.

Lisa said...

Oh wow this is fun!! So many terrific little details Virginia. Great card!!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you used string art on your heart, Virginia! Such a beautiful card, too!

Annette Allen said...

cute card.. loving all those hearts..

Kara Lynne said...

What a fun idea! I love the gold strings and the speech bubbles coming from the heart!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love your take on the string art heart! So pretty!