Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Too Pretty to Use?

Hello friends! Today is a two-fer!
Once in a while, you come across a stamp set. It delights you as there are lots of possibilities....this "I See You" set is quite the versatile one.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product.aspx?id=332970
 We all have this "dilemma" from time to time. What to do when you come across a piece of pattern paper that is just too pretty ....
I know, this is a first world problem, but we all have to face it, right?

Example #1: Use the sentiment creatively
i believe in you

Step 1---> cover the pretty paper with vellum
Step 2--->make it work: I pulled out the Gold color in the pattern paper and did some embossing and die cutting.
Step 3---> Less is more: I kept the embellishment fairly minimal. I added a piece of gold thread and small flower sequins. Done! 
 In fact, this card is so easy, it took me less than 10 minutes to create!

Example #2: Used the stamped image as a focal point

hello (2) 
I took the inspiration from the pattern paper and added the stamped spectacles with stamped hearts (do the generation stamping!). I then added gold thread (to complete the hot mess look) and sequins. Voila!
I highly recommend the Simon Says Stamp Card Kit of the Month Subscription 
Each month's kit is consisted of fabulous stamps/dies, paper and tons of embellishments. It provides great value and convenience. You can also cancel the subscription any time.


Lastly, here are some excellent online card classes from Craftsy.
If you can get any classes that are $20 and under, then it's a really good bargain!
Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

sandie said...

Fabulous ideas. I have been using the DSP you gave me but this gives me more ideas x

Suchi said...

Love the way those arrows focus on the specs...great design! :)
Suchi xx

Dawn Turley said...

Love how you have used the stamp set to accent the beautiful papers.

Lynn said...

Wow! Two absolutely amazing cards Virginia. Way to let the DSP shine!

frommycraftroom said...

Two beautiful cards. Love how you can still see the gorgeous paper in the first one - you may have given me the incentive to use some of my "to pretty to use" paper :) thank you.

Susanne Vargas said...

Love these cards (and the paper)!

Betty Keefe said...

there's a little discussion going on right now on the Hero Arts discussion site on this very topic - so nice to see your lovely examples and ideas

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards! I really love how you made the paper in that second one really work for you, so bold!

Dotty Jo x said...

Wow, two fabulous cards, Jo x

Cindy C. said...

GOR-GEOUS!!! Thanks for sharing the clever way of using up some of those "pretty papers"!!!

conil said...

Who doesn't love a twofer...and a pretty, pink one at that. Love how you used the gold accents to enhance the patterned paper. Lovely!

Nora N. said...

Oh! I love the first card with the vellum idea over the pp. The second card that was inspired by the first card-genius. Love, love, love!!

Lisa said...

A pair of beautiful cards!! Love the gold on both of these!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous!!
I'm totally inspired ;)
Thanks Virginia

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I really like both your cards, especially the elegant simplify of the first one. Blessings!

Leigh Penner said...

These are so pretty!

Carol McCready said...

Love both those cards.

Barb Ghig said...

You never cease to amaze me, Virginia! Your cards are absolutely gorgeous! LOVE all the gold embossing, too :)